I think it's nice that Rahman is co-composing a hollywood soundtrack
with a fine director.  But, frankly, I'm not overly excited about it.
This is not Rahman's baby as he is sharing the music credits.  The
soundtrack itself is going to be highly hollywoodish with lots of
western symphony with probably little or no oriental sounds or
styles.  I generally don't listen to those types of soundtracks,
unless they are truly exceptional.  And if the soundtrack
is "bombastic" as reported, that's something I'm not a fan of.  I
generally don't like loud symphonies with lots of brass and pompous
sounds.

But, in fairness, I will wait to hear the soundtrack before judging
completely.  What I would really like to hear from Rahman is a
soundtrack on the lines of Fire, Water, Provoked, WOHE where there is
ample opportunity for multi-ethnic instrumentation and percussion,
haunting soundscapes, and eloquent use of choirs and delicate
ornamentation. Remember Rahman's "Earth Theme" from 1947 Earth?  This
is the type of music I want to hear from him, not necessary that he
has to repeat himself.

                                        .