Hi,

I understand your preferance for south indian singers singing songs
for South Indian movies. However a few points:

a) A.R.Rahman - hardly needs to be told whom to select. He has proven
time and time again that he knows how to choose singers who fit songs
so well.

b) I personally hate the regionalization when it comes to music.
Fortunately ARR thinks global and does not fall into the
regionalization trap. Singers should always be chosen based on who
suits the song, the on-screen actor, and the moment well.

c) Regarding pronounciation, these days its quite popular to have
dialect teachers who ensure that the right pronounciation comes
across. A better suggestion would be utilize these teachers more often.

d) How would one feel if Hariharan didn't sing 'Nahin samne tu' from
Taal since he's from South India? Or Sukhwinder didn't sing the
Telgu-folk based 'Chinama chilkama' from Meenaxi since he's from North
India? Or even Rahman not singing 'Yeh jo des hai tera' from Swades
since he is from South India!! The answer is lets not have south
India/North India. Its the language of music! We can have a Toronto
singer singing 'Mayya mayya' from Guru or relatively unknown singers
singing 'Khalbali' from RDB. Lets recognize the music, not the regions!

Thanks,
Ricky

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Sarathy S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   rehman kindly offer more songs to south indian singers as far as
southern movies concerned........ they are the best in
pronunciations........