Hi all,

Sorry, I have been busy, and that's reason for the delay in writing this mail!!

Sujatha:
"It was 1990 or 1991 i think.... I had already sung a few songs at that time in
Malayalam movies. I got a call from one of my friends late in the night and he
said there was a recording for an ad jingle, and wanted me to come over at 2
am.... I was hesitant as I was already a movie playback singer, and didnt know
much about the jingle industry.... But this friend forced me saying "the music
director is a boy named Dileep. He is amazing... U are really missing something
if u dont want to sing for him... Please come over". I reluctantly went there
to see a "boy" sitting in front of the consoles and his keyboard. He played me
the tune and it was outstanding. It was an ad for a talcum powder.I jus loved
singing that one. My husband heard it and he was spell bound too... Thank God,
I accepted to sing that one!"

About singing for Roja:
"We had just recorded Pudhu Vellai Mazhai, and surprisingly, it was during the
day!!
And, Rahman was done for the day. Rahman invited me and my husband for a movie.
We agreed... It was the last screening for the movie "Robinhood" and he didnt
want to miss it... Tickets were sold out, except for the first row!!! The three
of us were sitting there on the first row, so close to the screen and watching
the movie! I was straining my eyes, and bending backwards to catch the movie
because we were so close to the screen. Then, I looked at Rahman.... He wasnt
straining his eyes.. he was concentrating on the background score, with his
eyes closed!! Apparently, all he was interested in was the music!!

Just then, my husband whispered into my ear 'we are so lucky.This guy is going
to become one of the best music directors, and we would be one of those lucky
people to have watched a movie with him!'    "

"Singer Shrinivas was my fan and used to call me and wish me and talk about my
songs. I hadnt known him personally then, and he hadnt entered the industry at
that time! When Roja released, he called me up and said Pudhu Vellai Mazhai was
brilliant!!!! And, he was so excited about the new music director and asked me
to tell him all about ARR! He had remarked that this person is going to be the
next big sensation in music, and that he wanted to meet him... He hadnt even
dreamt that he would one day sing for ARR!!!"

Aravind

  http://arrahmaniac.blogspot.com

photos & more.