I know people who tell me Rahman creates stero-typical and over-rated
music. I listen to the music and understand the truth myself rather
than relying on un-educated and ignorant opinions.

Just because zoom mentions that Metro songs are copied, should we
assume so? Someone at zoom could just as easily say that Guru songs
are copied! Would you believe that?

Also, someone's idea of a copy might be greatly skewed with their
personal beliefs. As I mentioned in my last email, shakalaka Baby by
Rahman uses a commercial loop, and Secret of Success uses the catch
line from Britney Spears...does that undermine the musical value of
the song? No. Being inspired is largely different from copying
outright (e.g. Murder song - Kaho na kaho and Bheegey hoonth tere).

My suggestion is that if you truly enjoy good music, listen to it
with an open mind. Focusing on who has done the music can easily
trick the mind into forming pre-judiced opinions.

Best wishes,
Ricky

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $*$ PaVaN $*$ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ricky,
>
>   I havent listened to the samples at itwofs,but i have heard tht
songs are copied,even in zoom they did mention about it.Pritam's work
are good at times,but you dont know when he lifts and from where he
lifts..watever..i feel Guru and OSO are better albums that metro.. :P

> Ricky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           Hey Pawan,
>
> I do visit the itwofs site, but looks like you have not visited it
 :)

> There are only 2 songs listed from Metro, compared to your
statement
> on 'most of the songs have been copied'.
>
> Also, if you actually listen to the 'original' versions, any one
can
> easily see that its not really a copy. Especially for 'O meri jaan'
> its totally different. Only a few strumming patterns for the guitar
> seem similiar, and that IMHO hardly qualifies a copy!
>
> Its quite interesting that when a similiarity is found for ARR
music
> (e.g. Shakalaka baby with the loop pattern, or Boyz - secret of
> success) we tend to underplay the inspiration. However, when it
> happens to other MDs, we are ready to pounce on that!
>
> On another side note, I must admit that I had never been a fan of
> Pritam. But Metro, and another album that I failed to mention -
Just
> Married, changed my opinion of him. He does have talent, though
often
> gets into the 'inspirational' mode. But, when he does some original
> stuff, its really cool..
>
> Regards,
> Ricky
>
> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $*$ PaVaN $*$ <pawancumarr@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Ricky,
> >
> > most of the songs in the metro have been copied...chk out
> itwofs.com
> >
> > you cant expect an super hit album from pritam without a single
> copy..
> >
> > Ricky <rickypc@> wrote:
> > Great topic.
> >
> > My personal favorites in terms of music quality would be GURU and
> > Life in a Metro.
> >
> > GURU - is an album with an excellent variety of songs. Must say
> that
> > compared to ARR standards, probably not one of his best but still
> > mindblowing. Aye Hairathe and Mayya have in a way redefined a
genre
> > of music each, and that's really awesome. Sorry to say, but Baazi
> > laga still remains a skip-track for me.
> >
> > LIFE IN A METRO - is an album that just surprised me, and
continues
> > to surprise me. Pritam has indeed come up with a soundtrack to
last
> > lifetime. The rock feel to the songs is something that many MDs
> used
> > to shy away from, while Pritam has created a full blown sountrack
> > with that feel. On close listens, one can be inspired by the
> > classical touches in the songs (music before the 2nd para in
> Alvida,
> > In Dino paragraphs), the singing (esp KK in Alvida), the
melodious
> > use of guitars (in all the songs!). Additionally the soundtrack
> > really flows with the movie, and the tunes compliment the lyrics
> very
> > well. Picks of the album (hard to do) would be Alvida, In Dino
and
> > meri jaan; but Baatein Kuch Ankahin, Rishtey are just as equally
> > good.
> >
> > On a special mention, SEL have done a decent job in Salaam-e-ishq
> (a
> > fun album), and excellent experimentation in Johnny Gaddar (the
> title
> > and Move you body are compositions that could put the
International
> > rock and R&B songs to shame).
> >
> > -Ricky
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Manaf <manafcp@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi pavan
> > > i agree with u. Infact i had these albums in my mind when iam
> > posting it. I expected tight competition in 2007. But nothing
> > happening. Look at jhoom barabar jhoom,oso,saawariya,ta ra rum
> > pum,metro etc. These albums didn&#39;t reach the standard what i
> > expect.

> > 10 albums of the year would be (not in any ranking) 1.Guru - A.R
> > Rahman 2.Life..in Metro - Pritam 3.Om Shanthi Om - Vishal Shekhar
> > 4.Jhoom Barabar Jhoom - S-E-L 5.Partner - Sajid-wajid 6.Namashtey
> > London - Himesh 7.Chak De India - Salim Sulaiman 8.Hey Baby - S-E-
> > 9.Saalam E Ishq - S-E-L 10.Saawariya - Monty (did i miss any?????)
> > i think movies which would come in top 5 would be : Guru,Om
> > Shanthi Om,Namasthey London,Chak De India,Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom
> > There wud be a intresting competition between Guru and Om Shanthi
> > Om,and if OSO as a movie turns out to be a hit..then i feel it
> would
> > be Om Shanthi Om all the way this year.. Guru is an amazin
> > album,but when
> > It was my opinion..and only in respect to the
> > awards... Abdul Manaf <[EMAIL PROTECTED] com> wrote:
> > Hi all in 2007 there are many albums released so far. I think
GURU
> is
> > the best album in this year. Both SAAWARIYA and OSO don&#39;t
match
> > the standard of GURU. Will ARR rule 2007 with GURU like he did
with
> > RDB? Eagerly
> > _________ _________ _________ _ Moody friends. Drama queens. Your
> > life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo!
> > Games. http://sims. yahoo.com/

> > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now
(it's
> > updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.
> > > http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow

> > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone
> who knows.
> > Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Yahoo! FareChase.