I feel its a complete album from Rahman after quite a long time. ATM will
make both Vijay and Rahman fans frenzy.
My pick of the lot is Nee Marlyn Monroe. What an orchestration ! Only Rahman
can do it. Once again he has proved that he is king of the grooves.  All
imitators beware! The lion is on the prowl!.
Next comes Ponmagal Vandhal. Brilliant remix. The credits for the remix has
been given to Krishna Chetan. Can any one confirm this? Was it done by
Rahman or Krishna Chetan?
Then comes Keelaamal. A different song altogether. Seems that he has been
given a lot of scope to experiment with. Thanks a lot to the director
Bharathan of ATM for giving us this song. Saindhavi's lilting voice stands
out in this number. Starts out in the raaga of the song Aagaya Vennilaave,
tharaimeedu vandathayno........ (I don't know the raagaa! Can anyone help me
pls.) Once Sriram Parthasarathy enters with Keelaamal....., he takes the
song to a different plane.
After a long time I am taken back to back to the Kizhakku Cheemaiyelae times
with the Maduraike Pogathadee number. Rahman proves that he can do a kuthu
song in a typical classical fashion. Brilliant song.
But 2 songs stand out of the lot which I cannot rate. One is
Ellapugazhumand the other is
Vaalayapatti.
Ellapugazhum will be the intro song for Vijay. Vijay fans will instantly lap
it up. The best part is Munnal Munnal Munnal Munnal Vaada, Unnal Unnal
mudiyum Unnal mudiyum thozha! The song grows on you after every hearing. One
of the best intro songs composed by Rahman. Seems, Vaali has become a
teenager after his recent open heart surgery! Lyrics are full of zeal and
vigour in this song.
What can I say about Valayapatti........ Hear it to feel its brilliance.
One thing is for sure, ATM will rock for a long long time.
My only wish is that such a beautiful music album should have brilliant
choreography and cinematography! Off late all Vijay films have them and with
Vijay himself being a great dancer, lets all hope that like the music, ATM
will also rock visually.

Ciao
Haricharan