http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/10/26/stories/2007102650060300.htm

  Friday, Oct 26, 2007

  Cinema Plus
  Love/Hate

  Why I like... Rang De Basanti

Abbas, Actor

  It’s a revolutionary film, no pun intended. As a citizen, I think this film
has woken up the people and makes me believe there’s a revolution in the
offing.

  We need more films in this genre, because cinema is a media where you can
educate people through stories. There is a lot of negativity in people’s
personal lives and that affects community on the whole. Films like Rang De
Basanti motivate people to do something instead of just complaining.

  The movie is like a chain letter. We have seen that if someone takes one step
and the initiative to do good for the country, it triggers a chain reaction.
The film turned out to be great motivation for the country’s youth.

  We have not seen a more meaningful, soul-stirring film like this in a really
long time. It’s a good blend of history and modern day problems. It strengthens
your belief that radical thoughts can change the world. It truly reflects the
times and the role of youth in improving the country.

  SUDHISH KAMATH

 Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download.