Roobaroo' with Naresh Iyer in Mission Ustaad - ARR
To: a r rahman <arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com>

http://india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=1242#comments

Roobaroo' with Naresh Iyer in Mission Ustaad

9X TV and A.R. Rehman get together for a unique
reality show "Mission Ustaad". Here is a talk with the
blue-eyed boy of Rehman,Naresh Iyer who is one of the
missionaries in the show.
What happens when television channel joins hand with a
legendary Singer-Composer, and has many celebrity
guests gracing the show with a great new show theme,
and all this for a very noble social cause? A
revolution takes place and history is created. That's
exactly what is going to happen in the next few days.
A brand new Hindi general entertainment channel 9X to
be launched on 11 th November at 9PM IST, by INX Media
will for the first time partner with legendary music
director and singer A R Rehman, the United Nations and
Endemol for a truly unique and entertaining show
titled - MISSION USTAAD, deemed to be a  mega
blockbuster show that will feature Rehman himself and
some of the best singers and stars of today, who will
provide engrossing musical entertainment for a cause.
The show has a key objective in mind. Through music,
it wants to reach out to the Indian masses and along
with entertaining it, wants to generate revenues to
help meet the UN Millennium Developments goals - the
rights of each person on the planet to food, decent
work, health, education and shelter.

Playback singer, Naresh Iyer, who is playing the role
of one of the missionary in the show, also has lot of
expectations from this show. "It is more or less a
reality based show, but different from other shows. It
is all happening for a very good cause. It's a musical
show but the only thing that makes this different is
that this is music for a cause. And every one of us,
all the missionaries you could say, have gathered for
this cause and we are all trying to achieve this
mission. All are trying their best in their own way
according to their talent and capability. "
Naresh was a contestant in the reality show on Channel
V "Super Singer" where A R Rehman was also one of the
judges. Even though he did not win the contest, he
became Rehman's protégé since. So how does he feel
working with Rehman in another reality show again? "
It's always a pleasure working with him. But here, it
will be totally a different thing altogether. Singing
in a studio, learning the song, and then recording in
front of him is an experience in itself. But here it's
more of a live performance. And he is again there on
the jury. In the previous contest when I sang in front
of him, I was more of a contestant who knew nothing,
but today I am actually more or less going to perform
in front of him as a playback singer, that too with
others in the background who are also playback
singers. So I am expecting a total different
experience. "
>From these comments, one thing is sure, the show seems
to have its objective right. The channel and their
protégé's are leaving no stone unturned to make this
dream project and reality show, a great success. How
successful, the show or concept or the mission will
be, only time can tell. We from Telly Buzz can at this
point, only wish them the very best in their future
endeavors. If music can provide the food, then why
not!

Reporter: Barnali
Author:Barnali

Comments

advil

Date: 11/5/2007 1:12:44 PM
Sounds like a prmosing project.lets hope it does well
and really something good comes out of it.

amukta

Date: 11/5/2007 5:09:39 AM
That will be nice to watch.I hope we can get the
videos posted in India forums.Is this the channel
Karan Johar was talking about.

luv_huda

Date: 11/5/2007 2:03:22 AM
thanks.

maxliz

Date: 11/5/2007 1:56:46 AM
wow..sounds very promising
i can't wait for this one reality show..sound very
unique..plus with the maestro Rahman himself invloved
u can't doubt the sincerity of this prject...i have
been a fan of Naresh Iyer's even before his National
award winning rendition of Rubaroo in RDB...i had
followed his journey in Super Singer on channel
V...which was the only singing competition in the true
sense...he's such an awesum guy..can hardly wait for
this show

http://mail.yahoo.com

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: