Singer's golden voice back on silver screen

                function displayImage(sPicURL) {
                        window.open("popup.jsp?"+sPicURL, "",
"resizable=1,HEIGHT=200,WIDTH=200");
                }

<!--
        var img = getElementsWithClassName('div', 'leadPhoto');
        var current = img[0];
        current.className += " showLeadPhoto";

        function setupImageNavigation() {
          for (var i = 0; i < img.length; i++) {
            var image = img[i];
            var para = document.createElement("p");
            var navElement = image.getElementsByTagName('div');

            navElement[0].appendChild(para);

            if (i > 0) {
              var a = document.createElement('a');
              para.appendChild(a);
                                                        eval ('a.onclick =
function(e) {displayImage(' + (i - 1) + ');};');
              //a.setAttribute('onclick', 'displayImage(' + (i - 1) + ');');
              a.setAttribute('href', '#');
              a.setAttribute('class', 'previous');
              a.appendChild(document.createTextNode('Previous'));
              para.appendChild(document.createTextNode(" | "));
            }

            para.appendChild(document.createTextNode((i + 1) + " of " +
img.length));

            if ((i + 1) < img.length) {
              var a = document.createElement('a');
              para.appendChild(document.createTextNode(" | "));
              para.appendChild(a);
              eval ('a.onclick = function(e) {displayImage(' + (i + 1) +
');};');
              //a.setAttribute('onclick', 'displayImage(' + (i + 1) + ');');
              a.setAttribute('href', '#');
              a.setAttribute('class', 'next');
              a.appendChild(document.createTextNode('Next'));
            }

            var large = document.createElement('a');
            eval ('large.onclick = function(e)
{launchPopup("http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music-gigs/news/article3138534.ece?service=popup&index='
 + i +'","largeimage",350,300,1,0,0,0);};');
            //large.setAttribute('onclick',
'launchPopup("http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music-gigs/news/article3138534.ece?service=popup&index='
 + i +'","largeimage",350,300,1,0,0,0);');
            large.setAttribute('href', '#');
            large.setAttribute('class', 'enlarge');
            large.appendChild(document.createTextNode('Enlarge'));
            para.appendChild(document.createTextNode(' '));
            para.appendChild(large);

          }
        }

        function displayImage(index) {
          var previous = getElementsWithClassName('div', 'showLeadPhoto');

          previous[0].className = previous[0].className.replace('
showLeadPhoto', '');
          img[index].className += " showLeadPhoto";
          return false;
        }

        setupImageNavigation();

-->

                                Thursday, November 08, 2007

       By GrĂ¡inne McCarry

  Ulster singer-songwriter Catherine O' Halloran's vocals are once again set
  to take Hollywood by storm.

  Following the success of her movie soundtrack debut on Oliver Stone's World
  Trade Center last year, the 27-year-old has teamed up again with film score
  composer Craig Armstrong for Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

  The historical thriller stars Cate Blanchett and Geoffrey Rush and is the
  follow-up to seven times Academy Award nominated Elizabeth released in 1998.

  "We watched the film first and then the music was laid on top of it,"
 Catherine said.

   "I absolutely loved it. There seemed to be a lot of artistic work
  involved. It's a much bigger part than I had in Oliver Stone's World Trade
  Center."

  Catherine's vocals are heard during Mary Queen Of Scots' beheading and on
  Divinity Theme as the final credits roll.

  "Divinity is the only song in the soundtrack that has words and it
  plays for around two minutes at the end. The tracks are all named after
  scenes and themes," Catherine said.

  The Ballycastle-born singer, who now lives in Glasgow, was joined in the
  studio by Indian composer AR Rahman, whose movie soundtracks have shifted
  more than 100 million units.

  "I'd heard of AR Rahman but I didn't know that much about him so I had
  to do some research before I met him. I didn't quite appreciate how famous
  he was before I worked with him," she admitted.

  "But when I read up about how successful he was and how much he is
  idolised in countries like India and Pakistan, I started to get really
  nervous."

  AR worked with Catherine to perfect the soundtrack by blending his Indian
  influence with her background of Irish folk music.

  "It has worked really well together and I think it's a beautiful
  soundtrack," she said.

  In her spare time, Catherine takes private tuition singing and piano lessons
  and as for future work in the movie industry, her lips are sealed:

  "There's always things going on but I'm really not allowed to say.
  There is one thing and if it comes off it will be amazing."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/music-gigs/news/article3138534.ece