Just charted down another interesting list of 10
beautiful compositions by A.R for 5 different
Characteristics and 5 different situations. I am not
including any love/romantic ballads which I feel is
just too many! :

Characteristics:
1)Devotion - Topping the list would the heavily
underrated A.R song - "Maula" - Film: Mangal Pandey.
2)Patriotism - Tough one actually... One which
actually had a goose-bumps effect on me  - "Yeh Jo
Desh  hai tera" - Film: Swades.
3)Passion - My Definitive choice would be "Fana" -
Film: Yuva for the way it is composed, the new age
feel and the passionate way the boss croons.
4)Affection - (Familyhood/Love) - "PachaiKiligal" -
Indian.
5)Peace/Harmony - One and only song: "Vellaipookal" -
Kannathil Muthamittal.

Situations:
6)Rain - "Chan Chan" - Water
7)Snow - "Pudhu Vellai Machai" - Roja
8)Clouds - " Minnale" - May Madham
9)Mist - "Taal Se Taal" - Taal
10)Storm - "Only You" - Vande Mataram

--- Vinod Raju <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here goes mine. (excluding Vandemataram, my No.1 ARR
> album, since
> this list is only for Movies)
>
> 1) Roja
> 2) Bose - The Forgotten Hero
> 3) Bombay
> 4) Lagaan
> 5) Warriors of Heaven and Earth
> 6) Taal
> 7) Water
> 8) Dil Se
> 9) Meenaxi - Tale of Three Cities
> 10)Minsarakanavu
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>

> --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, sushma
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Arduous task:
> >
> > Mine would be:
> >
> > 1) Roja
> > 2) Thiruda Thiruda
> > 3) Iruvar
> > 4) 1947 Earth
> > 5) Dil Se
> > 6) Lagaan
> > 7) Swades
> > 9) Anthimandhaaraian
> > 10) Kizhakku Cheemayile
> >
> > --- Dinesh Vaidya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > I also agree. My case is reverse to the fan who
> > > wrote the below
> > > email. I am from Pune so I can not understand
> Tamil,
> > > but many of
> > > ARR's songs which I like are Tamil, and close to
> 5
> > > Tamil movies
> > > figure in my list.
> > >
> > > My pick of best 10 movie-score, names not in any
> > > preferencial order.
> > >
> > > 1. Roja                         2. Thiruda
> Thiruda
> > > 3. Kandukondain K               4. Kannathil
> > > Mudhalmittal
> > > 5. Rhythm                       6. Taal
> > > 7. Lagaan                       8. Swades
> > > 9. Water                       10. Rang De
> Basanti
> > >
> > > Frankly, doing this selection really is painful
> as I
> > > have to leave so
> > > many good movie-scores.........
> > >
> > > I find that lately Rahman has managed more
> > > commercially successful
> > > songs than Critically acclaimed ones. Let's
> hope,
> > > with Jodhaa Akbar,
> > > he manages to achieve both !
> > >
> > > Rahman is toooooooooo good in Soft+melodious+sad
> > > songs.......
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > > Dinesh Vaidya
> > > Pune
> > >
> > > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, just me!

> so
> > > many  of his hindi
> > > masterpieces. esp RDB, WATER, and so many others
> > > that i cant choose
> > > which one to talk abt. we must just love the
> music,
> > > the man, the
> > > legend......

=== message truncated ===