Given the number of music based reality shows on television, one would
wonder why someone like AR Rahman would lend his name to one.

But the music maestro, who will seen be in Mission Ustaad on 9X, is quite
excited about this show, even though he admits that music reality shows have
lost their charm on television. "I agree that music shows aren't what they
used to be, but this show will be different because here the singers are not
being judged. It's the song and the thought that goes behind the song that's
being judged," says Rahman.

He shares a good chemistry with the other two judges as well. "I'm the
silent one on the show. Javedji is a very learned man and Lara has been
associated with UN since long, so she's always bang on target about her
facts," he says.

Bollywood will get to hear a lot of Rahman in the coming few months, what
with three of his Hindi film albums releasing in the next four months or so.

http://www.missionustaad.co.in/2007/12/03/i-have-good-chemistry-with-javedji-and-lara-dutta-a-r-rahman/