This may sound strange but it is very true. Super composer A R Rahman
is being asked to singÂ… by other music composers.

Talking about this unique situation, Rahman says "Kailash Kher wants me
to sing for him, so does Himesh Reshammiya and Adnan Sami. It's
extremely kind of them to think of me but I can't just sing like that.
When I render a track, I cut myself off from other things. Even for a
concert, a couple of days before it I don't pursue my other music
stuff, but just concentrate on the singing."

The singer has not turned down the three composers, saying "I am
working on a new album only after I complete it, can I consider any
singing offers."

Source: http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/9094/rahman-to-sing-
for-himesh-and-adnan-sami.html