Hi Vijay, He's one of the Laxmikanth-Pyarelal Duo. Mr. Laxmikanth is no
more now.

Regarding to his below statement, I think he lacks little open minded
approach to today's MDs. I agree with his first sentence that major
change in today's music is presentation style. But I don't agree with
the second,  the main mantra of todays MD's (SEL, VS, Rahman) is putting
more emotions and creating mood in the music. That's what bringing them
the success and emotional bonding with listeners.

"The 'sur' and the melody of Hindi film song is same as those of 60s and
70s but the presentation style and the priorities have changed. Nowadays
the emotional bonding of the song with the listener is temporary as
music directors give more attention to rhythm and beat and lose control
over its melody due to the lack of knowledge," says the director.

. . . .

Ha ha.. the below statement is really ridiculous :) Do you think the
Grand music in Lagaan, Taal, WOHE, Bose and some of his best tamil films
are prepared in small room.?! .. Naa.. that's just a hypothetical
thinking, like most of skeptics did during early days of Rahman's music.
But frankly saying Rahman is master in both ways. He did different
things as well as things differently.

A R Rehman prepares his music sitting in a small room whereas in our
times live orchestra used to perform for the recording."

Just my opinions...

regards,

Avinash