Got this from another group:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i already said, Shankar's circles deny the news on Robo with Superstar.

It is true that Shankar wanted to cast Superstar in the film. You know
the reason? While Shankar was scouting producers for his One billion
(100 crores) project in Mumbai, they simply said: We are ready to
produce ROBOT.....if Rajini agrees to act in the film. This single
line condition made Shankar to approach Superstar for the same.

Last week Shankar discussed with Superstar regarding this and he
himself was ready to produce the film in his S Pictures banner and
ready to offer a historic salary to Superstar. But Superstar seems to
be not comfortable with the idea and avoided the same.  Now media is
just chewing the same in its own flavour.

Note: Shankar has become very very close to Superstar these days and
he speaks very often to him on various issues. Not for this ROBOT
alone.