Dear Rahmaniacs,

Director S.J. Surya is famous for his controversial films . Though, the
films may not be suitable for all age groups, yet he has been blessed with
an opportunity to work with ARR for his famous two films ( NEW & Ah AAH ) .
he shares his experiences with ARR and is as below :- He is a very open,
candid person, and speaks very plainly without any hidden facts .

*INTRODUCTION*  :-  S.J Surya has been working as an Asst Director for 6
years, and then started his career as a Director. It was actor AJITH who
made S.J. Surya a director for his film Vaali . S.S. chakravarthi produced
the film. Then came Kushi.

*WHEN AND HOW HE MET ARR :-* At the time of making Kushi in Hindi, Surya was
flying from Mumbai to Chennai. In the flight, he met ARR. ARR was sitting
with his mother, and Raihana was sitting separetely. When ARR 's mother got
up to go to the wash room, Suryah went and immediately took her seat and
asked ARR " Can I disturb you ?. I have a request. I need to make a film
with you. working with you is a great dream for me. ". ARR replied " Tell me
a good story. I shall do it". Surya said " Sir.. I am ready to tell". ARR
asked " Here itself". Surya started narrating the story in the flight
itself. ( in 1 hr 45 minutes ) . when they got down, ARR said he will do
that film for Surya. Surya says that it was a lucky flight, as take off and
landing happened so superbly ( Taking off with ARR and Landing with ARR
confirming his film for Suryah )

*EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH ARR* :- Surya says " There is no need for anybody
to realise ARR 's greatness through me. He is a GENIUS... NO DOUBT.. ( he
says this thrice ). working with him is a pleasure. His tunes are always
different. Unlike others, ARR never sits and composes his tunes. One has to
say the feel of the scene and situation, then ARR goes alone , and gives a
feel of the tune. If the director is satisfied, then that piece would become
an ATOM BOMB. Only a man who has good clarity of mind, can compose such
tunes. One's Inner beauty gets reflected in such tunes. The Inner Peace of
Mind of ARR, His religuous trip, His sinceriety ( irrespestive of becoming
such a big genius ) reflects in his tunes". ( espcially in the song "
Thottal Poo Malarum " in new .. Lyrics " Azhagiya Thoolkal, Payaghiza
Naatkal) . To compose such tunes, You need a good clarity of mind . Suryah
has loved those experiences by staying near to ARR in those times.

"*NEW" SONGS VERY REFRESHFUL AND YOUTHFUL :-*  Vaali Sir wrote the Lyrics.
But some portion of the lyrics was written by ARR himself. ( In the song "
New new".. 1 o clock , 2 o clock were written by ARR Himself ) It was like a
blessing to Suryah. Then Vaali sir added the name of the Films done by MGR
to that song. ARR does tunes superbly. A correct tune was given when a kid
suddenly becomes old.

*FACTS ABOUT THE FILM " NEW" :-* Actually, the film is based on an English
Film. Not a full copy. Inspiration . From the Film " BIG". But the
sentiments of mother are all done by Suryah. Some scientific mix done here
and there .

*FILM AH AAH :-*  Unforgettable song is " Mayilerage ". Its about two
dreams. More than that, The BGM of that song is awesome (  THEME 13 FROM Ah
AAH ). (He whistles the BGM ) . A correct mindset is required for doing such
BGMs. an apt BGM for dreams, and memories.

*SPECIAL THANKS TO ARR FOR GIVING "AARAI KODI" SONG* :-  Surya enjoys
talking abt that song. Actually, that was supposed to be sung by another
singer, but then ARR decided that he would sing that song himself. Lot of
claps for that song in Theatres. He says he is confident that he will become
bigger in future, as said in that song. In he beginning, the lyrics was "
Naan Naan ( Myself Myself )" . *Then ARR corrected him saying " You should
never boast of yourself. be Humble and changed the lyrics to " Adiyen (
humbly myself ) ". *

Surya says that while recording with Music Director Deva, he used to play
pranks, but with ARR, he used to be so disciplined.

*TOTTAL POO MALARUM ( RETUNING ) :-* ARR was very adamant that he wont do
any remix. Surya insisted and wanted " Pesuvadha Kiliyaa song " to be
remixed. ARR said " why you want a remix ??..I cannot do all that ... Please
". Surya showed the heaven above and said " Kannadasan Sir is desiring that
you do this for his sake". ARR said " Ok Go today and come tomorrow". . When
Surya returned next day ARR once again said " No No... ". Then ARR told " If
so desired, I will do Thottal Poo Malarum Song". Surya somehow wanted ARR to
do something for him and wanted to capitalise on the situation. But ARR
insisted that he will change the tune. So saying ARR asked Surya to come at
2 : 00 AM. when Surya went the CD was ready. He listened the CD in his car
and was terrified. He excalimed " A record breaking tune for a record
breaking tune. Its not Possible. Not a remix... but a fresh MIX". AN iDEAL
SONG BY MR. A.R.RAHMAN . with the old lyrics.  A FRESH COMPOSITION OF MR.
A.R. RAHMAN AND NOT A REMIX .  Surya heard the song for 150 times in a loop.

*TELUGU " NEW" :-* It was remake and done by Mahesh Babu. But was a flop
there . Because Tom Cruise was given a Jim Carey role says Suryah. He claims
that mistake was his.

*FAVOURITE SONG OF ARR* :- VANDEMATARAM

*FAVOURITE SINGER* :- A.R.RAHMAN

*FAVOURITE ACTRESS* :- SIMRAN