Awesome Review. I really love the fact that both khwaja and man
mohana getting 10's. I could see the musical  genius in both of
these tracks and what a masterpiece.Man mohana end is just mind
blowing for me and only Rahman could come up with a very interesting
bhajan.Phenomenal in all sense.

In lamho and the nagme nagme here ,it just melts in my heart...I am
going crazy with this album.

JAshn e bahaara is a known hit already...

I hope the mass enjoys it and the world recognize Rahman as a great
singer through Khwaja...

More to come from ARR...

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, gggg qqqq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> it was as if u spoke from my heart vithur.......wonderful review.
just loved teh sentence when u said that we are blessed to be in ur
era....truly so..

> regards
> ganesh
>

> Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               Very
nice analysis by Chord... Great work

> On 1/20/08, Chord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      I have been waiting
for what seems like eons to finally listen to the
> music of Jodha Akbar. From the very beginning when I first heard
of
> the project, being a period film with Ashutosh as director, I
> surmised and hoped that Rahman's best would be tapped once more.
> honestly feel that Rahman's best was not tapped in his recent
Hindi
> [...]
have
> formed until now, possibly subject to some modification over time,
> but likely to stick at its core
>
> 1) Azeem O Shaan - Song spells grandeur and pomp. Like the loopy,
> punchy rhythm with some variations in between. Incredible use of
> drums, percussion as Shivamani has outdone himself. Of particular
> amazement if use of the the Japanese sword sound and rhythms in
the
> second interlude. That is so awesome. I like the chorus overdubs
too.
> However, I found the track overall a bit musically "dry" with
little
> musical interludes and emphasis more on rhythm, which may be
> appropriate for the film situation. My least favorite track
> relatively. (7/10)
>
> 2) Jashne Bahaar - Love the use of the Oud throughout this
> beautifully crafted and melodically simple track. Simple, but
> brilliant and heartwarming melody rendered to perfection by Javed
> Ali, who has sung his best song to date with this in all
> probability. I like his strong, clear voice a lot and he sings
with
> good emotional strength. Love the intense Santoor flurry at the
end
> of the first musical interlude preceded by a melodically beautiful
> Oud solo. Rahman has used beautiful synth warm pads with soft
> strings to create a texturally delicious aural backdrop and
> soundscape to the song with his vintage trademark of delicate
chord
> sequences. 8/10
>
> 3) Khwaja Mere Khwaja - Wah! Kya Baat Hai Rahman Saab!!! I have
> never heard Rahman sing in such pure classical form during his
> frequent alaaps. Though we have heard him run away with sargams in
> other tracks, he has delved into the heavier side of classical
> singing with this piece de resistance of a track. The song builds
so
> beautifully beginning with harmonium and alaap, transitioning to
the
> chordal piano loop, eventually to tabla with madham khayal (medium
> tempo) to drut khayal (fast tempo at the end). Love the claps on
the
>  downbeat rhythms. Last but not least, what an amazing musical
> interlude as Rahman changes raagas from Alaya Bilawal to Kalingda
> with use of what sounds like a flute and oboe combined. Gives the
> interlude a strong middle eastern, moghul flavor. Rahman uses the
> same interlude melody overlayed during the song's final stanzas
with
> amazing harmonization that only a musical genius can accomplish.
> Mindblowing track sung with great passion and devotional love.
> (10/10)
>
> 4) In Lamhon Ke - Such a dynamic track, unusual in structure
without
> sounding too experimental. Incredible singing by Sonu and
Madhushree
> with breath-taking melodies. Arrangement wise, there is too much
>  going on for me to get into detail here. There are so many
beautiful
> ornamental touches throughout the song with flute and santoor
weaving
> in and out to create one of the most beautiful aural tapestries.
The
> first interlude is mindblowing with heavy chorus rendering fast
> taranas in raaga Desh followed by a heavy and dramatic antara with
> raaga Kirwani following a crescending melodic contour with
eventual
> denuvement back to the main melodic theme. I wish the sitar piece
in
> the second interlude was longer and more elaborated as it just
teased
> a bit before Madhushree joins. She sings her part with such
> sweetness and smoothness with incredible melodic lilt. (9/10)
>
> 5)Man Mohanna - When I first heard that there was going to be a
> Bhajan, I was very happy as I loved the previous two Bhajans from
> Lagaan and Swades. This track totally blew me away with its
intense
> devotional rendering by Bela Shende and heavy classical style of
> singing which is performed to perfection in raaga Mishra Bhairavi.
> I've said before that I'm a sucker for semi classical forms of
music
> and to me, nobody does it better today than Rahman in film
> compositions. The instrumental interludes with flute and strings
> create some of the most haunting and expansive sounds and melodies
> we've heard from Rahman in a long time. The thythms are so
> beautifully crafted with tabla and ghattam? moving along a steady,
> meditative pace. This song has a meditative quality to it which is
> really appealing to me. It is so incredibly rich in
instrumentation
> and arrangements along with the classical singing that I
literally
> sat stunned in amazed silence, paralyzed when I first heard it.
> Many, many goose-pimple moments in this song for me. For now, this
> track is my favorite. I realize that for many, it's their least
> favorite due to heavy classical singing and devotional,
situational
> nature of the song. (10/10)
>
> 6) Jashne Bahar Instrumental - Naveen is in top form here, playing
> not only the main melody, but adding improv and variation hitting
the
> higher notes with such passion and restraint. I like it when he
adds
> on to the first musical interlude, overlaying the Oud. This is not
> your usual instrumental rendition of the main song. There is so
much
> beauty and depth to Naveen's playing. It just sounds so soothing.
>  Musical therapy here. (9/10)
>
> 7) Khwaja Instrumental - This one took me by surprise in a very,
very
> good way. Only Rahman can compose an instrumental variation of a
> song that sounds so unlike the original song in form and
structure!
> From the beautifully looped harp rhythm to the magical oboe and
> string/symphonic arrangements, this is an instrumental that speaks
of
> Rahman's purity of soul and quiet love for all of humanity. It is
> one of the most peaceful pieces of music I have heard. It reminds
me
> of a beautiful painting, pure untampered art straight from the
heart
> and soul. Amazing chords with an incredible hook at the 2:21 mark.
> Absolutely heavenly piece that just melts in your ears. WIsh it
was
> longer. (10/10)
>
> This is by far one of Rahman's finest set of compositions and will
> likely reach my top 5 Rahman albums in due time. THere is not one
> single track that I can say is sub-par or not up to the mark. All
>  the delays, frustrations, waiting was well worth it with this
amazing
> masterpiece. I am just in total awe. How in God's name does Rahman
> come up with music that's so larger than life? Top form in ALL
areas
> of musical composition - melody, harmony, arrangements,
> instrumentation, percussion, singing, lyrics, emotion, diversity
of
> form and style. Rahman has also returned to his trademark
crispness
> of sound and lack of cluttered arrangements that have not been a
part
> of some of his compositions of late. He has returned with
> mindblowing musical interludes and delicate ornamentation, which I
> have missed of late. The soundtrack just oozes with incredible
> melody, as someone here posted, right there with the most
beautifully
> melodic albums of our times. A modern classic that will be
cherished
> by music lovers for generations, esp. if the film does well. Some
> have criticized that the music sounds too modern for a period film
of
>  this type. I don't agree with that criticism as I feel that
Rahman
> has balanced contemporary sound with traditional forms just
> perfectly.
>
> I fear that the music may not reach as much commercial succsss as
> hoped due to its emphasis on classical style and since hip hop
seems
> to be the thing that sells today. The film needs to do very well
for
> the music to reach all corners. But, there is no denying that a
> soundtrack like this only comes along once in a blue moon.
Rahmanji,