I was always wondering with ARR's statement that JA will be a periodic
music but yet he has tried to maintain contemporary.
JA proves the world that ARR is not just yet another Music Director
and if a director tries for his alternative what he might gain is a
sound track fro the movie but not that which can give a preview of the
song or an impression that registers the song and that feel which
makes an audience always wonder the genius of a song.
What makes ARR and his crew stand apart from the current mill? After
listening to J-A any other MD will wonder the beauty like any normal
listener.
I will start with Jashn-E-Bahara what if the arabic rhythm and the
string arrangements in the background is replaced with normal or
electronic percussion. It will be a song which remove the periodic
feel and will make a complete contemporary. So the song travels in the
periodic mood and the music pulls the genX. If I give this song to a
normal listener and don't reveal its from JA probably someone would
wonder ARR's some new venture.
The pulsating beats in Azeem-o-shaan keeps increasing the tempo of the
heart beat. I wonder does the tempo of the song also increase after
the first interlude.....too much to think and is beyond my imagination.
In Lamhon ke daamn....I read posts so far that this is the best by
Madhushree, give a second thought Sonu Nigam was never unveiled like
this anytime before. Sonu Nigam usually is made to sing in particular
range where as he is made to sing with lot of variation. Sometimes he
is singing low and then goes to score high in the interlude.
Man Mohana: what makes someone think its another O Palanhare? is that
the tabla note which gives this mood. If its true that means somebody
has lost a great magic. The string section in second interlude is a
sheer magic. Somebody need not have to wait for the movie to imagine
the mood of this song. Bela Shende sounds like Lataji while she did in
her younger days. A perfect flawless voice wonder why she wasn't
recognized so far. This song has 2 touch one the tambura effect and
the string gives a feel of the song in Water and the second it has a
kind of effect of those songs of 80s.
Khwaja Mere Khwaja: I will not write anything for this song as I am
truly not qualified to write anything and if I did it will prove how
immature am I as I will fail to write everything. So the best job I
can do is keep listening non-stop.
the whole album has a splendid arrangement and recording. perfect
sound & perfection on all aspects.