This is awesome

Shah Navas G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          When Rahman does a Jodha
Akbar, Tendulkar does a Don!

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/333191.html

There's a statue of Don Bradman at the Cathedral End of the Adelaide Oval,
where he appears to be dancing down the track and lofting the ball straight
over the bowler's head. The bat is above his left ear, his knees are bent and
the eyes are looking upwards, watching the ball soar into the horizon of his
home ground. It was fitting that Sachin Tendulkar chose the venue to bring up
an immaculately-crafted hundred, the kind which is said to have put Bradman so
far ahead of the rest.
There wouldn't have been a better period film (atleast as of now) to show
Rahman's class.

It wasn't an innings with any distinct shade, rather one that covered the
entire spectrum. Walking in to a standing ovation, he didn't score off the
first 18 balls. Soon after he had eased into first gear, he set the stage with
a flurry of fours. The first was a simple, yet glorious straight drive off
Brett Lee; the fourth was hammered past Mitchell Johnson, the bowler. The skies
were clear but it would have been fitting if a rainbow hung over the arena.

An innings with as much variety and class as JA.

Bradman rated his 254 at Lord's as his finest innings, simply because each
stroke went exactly where he intended. It was interesting to hear Tendulkar
talk about the first couple of straight drives here, saying how the ball
travelled precisely where he wanted it to go. "These are phases which come and
go," he said, "and you know when you're hitting the ball well. You need to wait
for that moment."

So Rahmanesque :)

He signed off with a cheeky ramp over the slips, making full use of Lee's pace
and bounce, and rounded off an innings which had almost everything.

So does JA end with a Bajan.

I might sound silly. But I am blessed to be in the same era as Rahman and
Tendulkar. When both Rahman and Tendulkar strike  the joy multiplies and when
India wins and the Movie becomes a  hit...the joy is only unlimited.

Note:  Tendulkar came back with a magnificent century in the DLF cup in 2006
after a shoulder surgery -
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/dlfcup/content/current/story/259587.html ,
around which time Rahman came with the audio of Guru after almost an year of
hiatus (in Hindi and had only two releases in Tamil - JOK and Varalaru) after
RDB -
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Guru_6511.html

Now you know why JA's audio was delayed :D

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, raja sekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> both are not in good form nowadays.. as expected. expecting to be back to the
> form SOON...
>

> Mirza Munas [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> Sorry even I don't see any similarities.. ..
>

> --- reddy naveen [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > A.R.Rahman & Sachin Tendulkar - Destiny' twins?
> >

> > The Hub Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Topics
> > View previous topic :: View next topic
> > Author Message
> > MADDY
> > Senior Hubber
> >

> > Joined: 25 Dec 2004

> > A startling but very logical coincidences between 2 of
> > the gr8est men of 90's/......they characterised the
> > 90's and were icons of the youth at that
> > time(including me)......just see the startling
> > similarities between these 2:
> >
> > Comprehensive similarities between A.R.Rahman and
> > Sachin Tendulkar:
> >
> > Entry into their respective fields:
> > A.R.Rahman: 1992
> > Sachin Tendulkar: 1989
> >
> > They were an instant hit because:
> > A.R.Rahman: Blasting music, classical songs at a very
> > young age
> > Sachin Tendulkar: Swashbuckling batting and a great
> > cricketing sense at a very young age
> >
> > How they stood out from others?
> > A.R.Rahman: First to bring digital touch to Indian
> > music and compose fusion that no one else dares to
> > think off
> > Sachin Tendulkar: First to explore the first 15-over
> > restriction, score centuries at bouncy, tough tracks
> > like Perth.
> >
> > As time moved on:
> > A.R.Rahman: Stopped producing blasting music, instead
> > delivered Classical melodies like Taal & swades out of
> > maturity.
> > Sachin Tendulkar: Stopped going over the top to
> > bowlers, instead played exquisite drives and late cuts
> > and produced innings with a lot of maturity
> >
> > Character similarity:
> > A.R.Rahman: Shy towards media and lets his keyboard
> > answer his critics
> > Sachin Tendulkar: Shy towards media and lets his bat
> > answer his critics
> >
> > Media point of view:
> > A.R.Rahman: Darling of Mumbai and London press
> > Sachin Tendulkar: Darling of Mumbai and London press
> >
> > International attention:
> > A.R.Rahman: Admired by Andrew Lloyd Webber , Micheal
> > jackson ( who wore a t-shirt having Rahman's photo on
> > it) and many other international music reviewers who
> > want him to compose for Hollywood films.
> > Sachin Tendulkar: Adored by the man himself the "DON",
> > Mike atherton( who compared sachin to W.G.Grace) and a
> > never ending list of
> > Australian,English,Kiwi,Westindian players.
> >
> > Earnings:
> > A.R.Rahman: Draws 1 Crore/ film, ambassador of Bharti
> > telecom, sizzled with the Airtel ad
> > Sachin Tendulkar: unimaginable money on contracts with
> > big commercial giants and sizzles in Pepsi ads
> >
> > Records:
> [...]

'You are what your deepest desire is. As you desire, so is your intention. As
your intention, so is your will. As is your will so is your deed. As is your
deed, so is your destiny.'      ----The Upanishads

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail