Great!  Thanks Swaps!  I know Dhrupad pretty well as I was trained in
Indian classical, but I was not quite remembering the music of
Akbar's time.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hii
> I liked ur suggestions but JA is set in the 16th century when
Khayal,Thumri,Mujra had not yet evolved. The only classical music
that was present was the DHRUPAD. Tansen,Baiju Bawra were the musical
representatives of that era. Dhrupad was mostly sung in temples or
royal courts in praise of Lord or king. Remember Tansen singing Raga
Deepak to lighten Akbar's court or Miyan Malhar creatng a downpour.
Dhrupad was only accompanied by a Pakhawaj or Rudra Veena. Listen to
the recordings of Gundecha Brothers, Dagar brothers or Uday Bhawalkar
to get an idea of the music.
> Coming bk to Topic, wud hv been really gr8 if ARR composed a pure
Dhrupad song as it has never been used in any film till now.
> Yes...i agree there shd hv been a pure classical number in the
album... possibly we cud hear it in the BGM!
> Swaps
>
> jamshid TC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               I
agree. I thought that would have beaten the other two instrumentals.

>  -Jamshid

Krishna, and I wonder how Ashutosh Gowariker missed on this! It would
really have been apt to add a flute version of the song. (Maybe as an
answer from Krishna to the call from Jodhaa?!)

> -
>

> On Jan 29, 2008 6:34 AM, Chord <[EMAIL PROTECTED] com> wrote:
>       I've gone on and on about how much I love the soundtrack.
Here's my
> list of "what I wished, but didn't happen"
>
> 1) More songs! It's a little over 39 minute soundtrack, just a few
> minutes under Lagaan's soundtrack length. But, there's this nagging
> feeling that some songs were cut or there's just not enough
material
> here.
>
> 2) Why not a pure classical song? Classical music is heavy in this
> soundtrack, but I would have loved something more traditional, like
> Kathak dance thumri or something of the sort. Did anyone listen to
> Chale O Saiyaan from Khoya Khoya Chaand? It's got complex tabla,
> ghungru, pure classical melody. Perhaps the film's story didn't
> allow for such a dance, but I sure wish it did......ala Devdas but
> better!
>
> 3) I am missing a female solo love song. There is a male solo
> romantic song and a female solo devotional, but I wish there was a
> female solo song too. Just my wish.  Again, the story probably
> didn't allow it.
>
> 4) Man, as much as I love the instrumentals based on the main
songs,
> I sure wish ARR had done a pure theme instrumental, ala 1947 Earth
> Theme. I really miss this!
>
> 5) There is a distinct absence of Tanpura in this soundtrack.
Listen
> to Naina Neer and Bangari Marori from Water or Ishwar Allah from
> Earth......feel the magic of the divine Tanpura as the drone
> backdrop. I wish at least one song had it. Also miss the Sarangi.
> It fleetingly appeared for 2-3 seconds beautifully in the beginning
> of the In Lamho song, but never to be heard again! Also wished more
> Sitar was used other than the brief interlude in In Lamho.
>
> Ok, I admit, I am basically wishing for my fantasy album! I'm not
> really upset or bothered too much that these wishes didn't come to
> pass. I am more than happy with what ARR delivered for us, and like
> I said in my review, JA went  beyond my expectations!

Try it now.