"...excellent but nonsensational music...." ?????

Hmmmmm..... I find the critics job is becoming very easy these days.
Just add a couple of good words and if you feel that someone is going
to call you biased, put in another word which brings all to square
one !

Excellent but nonsensational ? What a statement !

It is so easy to make these statements. Untill and unless you really
like to listen to all types of music, have listened to different
genre / have sung or played musical instruments to a decent level, it
is very difficult to understand the pain and hardships the artists /
musicians go through to deliver any performance.

Dinesh Vaidya
Pune

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gomzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/feb/14jodhaa.htm
>
> *Jodhaa Akbar is a spectacular watch
>
> *   **
> *Arthur J Pais
>
> If you can sit through the first 20 minutes of Jodhaa
> Akbar<http://www.rediff.com/movies/jodha08.html>,
> trying to digest a train of political intrigues and double
crossings, you
> will be rewarded with perhaps the most spectacular film India has
ever made.

> With an appealing story of two unlikely people falling in love
after their
> politically arranged marriage, the film is filled with several
intriguing
> plots and two out-of-the-world songs (Khwaja Mere Khwaja and Azeem-
O-Shaan
> Shahenshah.)
>
> Jodhaa Akbar proves that Ashutosh Gowariker is consolidating his
position as
> a masterful director of epic stories. If he had a tighter script
and better
> editing, he could be now the most envied director in India.
>
> Whatever could be the fate of the film at the box office, many
people may
> thank him for this eye-popping and thought-provoking entertainment.
>
> A career-defining role for Hrithik Roshan
> [Images<http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?MT=hrithik
> roshan>
> ] who shows admirably the vulnerabilities and strengths of an
emerging
> emperor. His bare-chested sword wielding scenes could swoon many
women.
> Aishwarya Rai [Images<http://search.rediff.com/imgsrch/default.php?
MT=aishwarya
> rai>
> ] Bachchan has never looked this gorgeous. Some of her dramatic
scenes are
> weakly performed but she whips up excellent chemistry with Hrithik.
>
> Watch out for Poonam Sinha as Akbar's mother, who emerges from a
> marginalised position to be his conscience-keeper and brings out
> reconciliation between him and Jodhaa.
>
> Few directors know the best way to exploit A R Rahman's excellent
but
> nonsensational music as in this film. Gowariker has made brilliant
use of
> the five songs, getting them to propel the story. But it is not
just the
> songs and their situation in the film you will admire. Listen to
Rahman's