Nope. i totally disagree !!!

1st of all, i think u have 4gotten the GREAT Iruvar movie, which had
superb songs [Narumugaye, Pookodiyin, Hello Mr. Edhirkatchi,
Aayirathil Naan Oruvan, Kannai Katti Kollathe, Vennila Vennila] & BGM.
there is this BGM, for Mohanlal and Aishu [1st wife], and the BGM when
Monanlal was provoked to become the Minister. if u ask me, that film
is ENOUGH to proof that ARR - Mani is 1 of the best in India and NO
Swades or Lagaan can overtake it, IMO ofcource. Well, i have not
watched JA yet, but Swades & Lagaan was good. but never did gave me
the feel that 'im living' along with the movie.

What about Alaipayuthey & Kannathil Muttamittal ?!! those had BGMs and
songs that were altered for the characters/scenes. Im guessing its
either u 4gotten these great films or either u never watch them
propaly. :)

And where is DIR Shankar in the list??? this is so unfair !!!! for me,
ARR-Shankar is the best COMBO in India. Not only Shankar manage to
bring this peppy side of ARR, but he gives ARR songs a brand. He
simply spends crores on 1 ARR song. Shows how he appriciates them....
something i hardly see any dir is willing to spend that much of money
on a single song.

on the BGM section, Jeans, Indian, Mudhalvan, Sivaji had some BGMS
that is 1 of a kind and something that u cant find in other ARR
films.Hmmm....... Jeans theme in the Airport where Aishu is going back
to India, but she wanna confess her love b4 she leaves, but many
things stopping her, and the BGM comes there was simply soul
stiring...... and many more in the Film ..... Indian, do i need to say
more??? Tell 1 part in the film which the BGM was not GRAND :)....
Mudhalvan... the Chant is enough to say it all.... :)

Well, i guess diff people diff taste. And this is from my point of
view, being an ARR fan for almost 10 years.......