ARR was interviewed by Indiatimes soon after he received filmfare awards....

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2808562.cms

AR Rahman: Musical quotes

"Music is spiritual to me. It is inborn and I feel I am Blessed", it is on
these lines that I start my conversation with the man who heals hurt and
hearts with his music. AR Rahman bagged the 53rd Fairone Filmfare Award for
best music composer and best background score for Guru respectively.

The music man who is in Mumbai for the shoot of his weekly musical show on
9X, says, "I would have come for Filmfare in any case. It is just a
coincidence that the two coincided."

"Awards are important", says Rahman "as people believe in your music. It
shows you are appreciated".

For a man who does not like to listen to any music while he is traveling in
his car, Rahman certainly creates magic with his instruments. Although for
Guru he won awards, it is Jodha Akbar that is fresh in everyone's mind and
an album that has been universally appreciated. "Khwaja meri khwaja is not a
qawali, it's a love song", announces Rahman.

Rahman has taken lyricist Javed Akhtar seriously and is learning Hindi.
Although he can write in Urdu, it is hindi that is taking much of his
attention.

Just as we wind up the interview, Rahman's Man Friday gives him a cup of
milky coffee. "Its my throat", declares Rahman, "it is itching". I thought
this was to discourage me from asking him to hum a few lines from his award
winning Guru.. With a smile, the maestro complies. I agree, spirituality
sits well on his tiny shoulders.

--
regards,
Vithur