http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/My_voice_suits_Ash_Shreya_/articleshow/2836821.cms

   My voice suits Ash: Shreya
5 Mar 2008, 0000 hrs IST,PRIYANKA SEN ,TNN

Print<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-2836821,prtpage-1.cms>
 Save <javascript:showdivlayer('2836821','t','close');>
EMail<javascript:openWindowmail('/mail/2836821.cms');>
 Write to
Editor<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/My_voice_suits_Ash_Shreya_/articleshow/2836821.cms#write>
        [image: /photo.cms?msid=2836826]
 Shreya Ghoshal (TOI Photo)
>From being a winner of a music talent hunt show to the winner of 53rd Fair
One Filmfare Award 2007 for Best Playback Singer (Female), Shreya Ghoshal
has come a long way.

Having picked up two Filmfare awards earlier, the petite singer is ecstatic
after bagging the Best Playback Singer award for Barso Re Megha from Guru
this time.

Ask her whether she expected the award, and Shreya says, "I never go
anywhere with any expectation. I had thought that if I get one, it would be
for Yeh Ishq Haye from Jab We Met, as it is a more popular number. I never
thought that I would bag the award for Barso Re...but I am very happy that
the song has got its due. It is a difficult composition and I had worked
hard on it."

The singer, who got her first award for the love ballad picturised on
Aishwarya Bachchan in Devdas, has again bagged the award for a song filmed
on Ash. How does she feel about it? "Though I have lent my voice to many
actors, I feel people often associate my voice with Ash, because it suits
her a lot. I think the audience has fallen in love with this combination,"
says Shreya with a giggle.

The singing diva is quite pleased with her career graph, and feels that
there is an added dimension to her career now that she is judging a talent
hunt show for children. She doesn't mince her words when she is questioned
about the pros and cons of reality shows.

"SMS voting system alone cannot decide the talent of an individual, and
often, genuine contestants are voted out. I feel, the format of these shows
should be modified a bit to make the role of the judges more significant.
But, such shows also give a singer a huge platform to showcase his/her
talent and brings instant fame," says she.

Shreya has another reason to be thrilled. The singer has recently lent her
voice to Kajol in U Me Aur Hum and she is excited about this.
"I always wanted to sing for Kajol and Madhuri. Both of them bring life to
their characters and I am a big fan of theirs. For Madhuri, I have just sung
one verse Chalak Chalak and I want to sing a full-fledged song for her. Bus
itna sa khwab hai," says Shreya.

The singer is going great guns on the professional front, but what's
happening on her personal front? "For me, getting into a relationship has to
culminate into a marriage. And, at this moment, I am not thinking about
marriage, so no relationships for me. It's only work and I am quite focussed
on it," says she.