the whole album is a masterpiece, but it went unnoticed by TFMI. such
a pity. i remmeber the day of its release, i was listening to the
songs at 3 A.M. on my ipod in the morning as i got home late from a
party and i was so excited hearing the "sound" of the album. it was a
new kind of recording, especially the vocal mix. i kept thinking at
that time, that this album is going to elevate Rahman back to the
TFMI's musical throne (after mild albums like star, parasuram etc),
but it didnt do good. if this same album would have came out after
sivaji or atm, i am sure it would have been a hit because people
wouldnt have had the impression that Rahman lost it, which lead them
to dismiss the songs without paying attention to it like they used to.