Which part of Mangal Panday is Baul music?
Is it mangal mangal?

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, $*$ PaVaN $*$ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>           Music with passion, dedication
> - Calcutta's love moves A.R. Rahman to draw up major plans
PRIYANKA ROY                 Music maestro A.R. Rahman during a
shooting break at Technician's Studio. Picture by Aranya Sen   Five
years and two months have passed, but A.R. Rahman can still hear the
cheers from the Salt Lake stadium. "The love and response that I got
from Calcutta are still fresh in my memory. It was overwhelming," said
the music maestro on Thursday.
>   Overwhelming enough for him to plan a return to the city stage,
with an "even bigger" concert, by the end of the year. And also to
keep Calcutta on the list of probable venues for his second music
conservatory after Chennai.
>   The February 2003 concert, held in association with The Telegraph,
was his first in the country and remains "one of the biggest ever",
according to Rahman, who breezed through town as the guest judge for
the shoot of the season finale of Airtel Bandwagon, a TV reality show
promoting new music bands.
>   "Calcutta's music has an extremely youthful vibe. It has a certain
passion and dedication. The people here are honest to their music,"
said Rahman, looking to promote regional talent on a national stage.
>   "I explored Baul music in Mangal Pandey. I am open to discovering
new talents and sounds from Bengal," smiled Rahman, battling a touch
of fever, but keen to talk about Calcutta and his keyboard.
>   The man with the Midas touch, who counts Pandit Ajoy Chakraborty
and Ustad Rashid Khan among his favourites ("I have listened to them
to a great extent"), said he did not get to see Calcutta "as often as
Chennai or Mumbai", but hoped to "discover new things about the city,
especially its music".
>   At Technician's Studio on Thursday afternoon, dressed in a maroon
kurta and jeans, Rahman was all encouragement for the young musicians.
>   "There is no dearth of talent here. In my opinion, bands will work
big time on the national music scene in the near future," he said.
>   The man who has redefined Bollywood film music — with the likes of
Roja, Bombay, Dil Se, Lagaan, Taal, Rang De Basanti, Guru and now
Jodhaa-Akbar — is tuned into his music conservatory where national
musicians will be trained in western classical music.
>   Chennai throws open its doors in June, and the options are open
for the second destination.
>   "Such a project requires a great deal of time and effort, but I am
open to such a venture in Calcutta," smiled Rahman, who is also
plotting an album 10 years after the super success of Vande Mataram.

>   http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080404/jsp/calcutta/story_9091258.jsp

Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.