I am not sure about this time around, but inside sources of the last
concert in Dubai at 2004 did confirm that Rahman had lip synced most
of the songs back then. A fact that did cause a friction between the
event promoters and Rahman back then.

I got a similar feeling this time too with several of Rahman
numbers. They were too pitch perfect to the original.

regards

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Sunil VG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Reproducing an ARR song live in its original form is almost
impossible. Some
> basic rhythms, patterns, voices, instruments etc. have to use its
original
> tracks. However, this does not take away even a bit of the efforts
the
> musicians and singers put in on stage. You can clearly see all the
> improvisations they do during the show.
>
> As for Sivamani's solo performance, here's how it works: once he
plays a
> groove live, an on-board sound module lets him record and loop it
on the fly
> (the same was used for modulating his vocals). This enables him to
move on
> to other sections of his massive gear. It works just like setting
up a
> rhythm track adding kicks, high hats, snare, etc one by one. As
for playing
> the water bottle, trust me that was very much live, just like
other parts of
> the show! A possible explanation of minor syn issues could be your
distance
> from the speakers.
>
> My two cents...
>
> Regards,
> Sunil
>
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Mr Kumaraswamy R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >   Friends,
> >   Me too a first timer  for ARR concert.   It was a wonderful
experience.
> > I was in the gallery too and was on the foot for Boys, Sivaji &
Humma Humma
> > numbers.    Also Chitra singing Kannalaney & Jiyajale was so
sweet.

> >   For sure there were Lip sync issues. I had doubts for couple of
> > songs....
> >   But  then came Chaiya Chaiya.. number... I'm sorry to say..
There was no
> > sync at all ...!! 100% sure about it.
> >   Also, when Sivamani was making music on the Spoons. When he
was trying
> > to change to other instrument... I could clearly see the sound
doesn't match
> > with his actions.  Same during the Water bottle act.
> >   Both the above wouldnt have been visible, If they haven't put
up a huge
> > LCD display !  It was showing close-up on Singers as well as
Sivamani.

> >   Can someone clarify this?   Why should they be playing a
recorded song
> > when all the capable ppl present on the stage?
> >

> > Cheers
> > Kumar R

That
> > is the one where he could throw in a lot of the songs that gets
lost
> > in the glitz and blaze. (No, not a reference to the singer but
just
> > to all the fast numbers).
> >
> > A concert without Mustafa Mustafa ...oh no...
> >
> > I was also hoping Naresh to croon Anbe Va.
> >
> > The problem again is the desire to please the Hindi crowd.
Because
> > there was a lot of Guru and Jodhaa Akbar. Even if that was the
case,
> > i wish SWADES (Yuhi chala, Yeh jo desh), SAATHIYA (o hum dum is a
> > sure fire) or even good ol RANGEELA made it to the final cut. The
> > Mangal Pandey number could have been avoided because it just
looked
> > like a last minute attempt, with the notes going all haywire.
> >
> > I mean, I was hoping that they would have tweaked a lot for the
> > Dubai one, but I guess they were just going ahead with the
regular
> > song line up from the recent concerts like Delhi.
> >
> > Still at the end of the day it was a wonderful concert. Cannot
deny
> > it its rightful place in the event calender.
> >
> > Anyways, for the second time in running, my attempts at meeting
the
> > great talent backstage failed. Again this time all I could see
was
> > him being guided right into his car. Both the time i was at
touching
> > distance...( hmm, one day...one day for sure)
> >
> > Ok now to open up the pandora's box....how many of the songs were
> > lip syncs and how many weren't....any guesses?

Mobile. Try it

now.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=
Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>