Rahman speaks before his live performance in Chennai [image: Click here to
add this article to My
Clips]<http://www.indiafm.com/my/index.php?mode=my_clip_add&clip_id=3796&clip_category=f>

By Subhash K. Jha, April 21, 2008 - 11:17 IST

Outwardly, hours before the '*Times Of India Changing Notes*' concert for
the launch of the Times Of India in Chennai, the musical maverick A R Rahman
is calm. Being imperturbable is second nature to Rahman. But every concert
even today is a challenge and an occasion for serious soul searching for the
41-year old maestro who has re-written every rule of film composition since
*Roja*.

"My life has always been a journey. When I was in my 20s, I went through the
most turbulent and hectic time of my life. Now I spend as much time as
possible with my children Khatija, Rahimaand Amin. My studio in Chennai is
bang opposite my house, so they spend a lot of time with me. All they've to
do is cross the road and they're with me," Rahman says.

About the fabulous evening on Sunday when he regaled audiences with a roomy
retrospective of his filmic repertoire Rahman said, "Basically, we chose to
perform my film songs. That seemed to be the need of the hour. It was a
rather special occasion since the *Times Of India* was launching its Chennai
edition. Besides me, there was my full orchestra, plus singers like Chitra."

Some hours before the show Rahman said from Chennai, "There's of course the
usual chaos before a concert over here. So I can't speak at length with you
right now. I love performing in Chennai. That's where my roots are."
http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/04/21/3796/

--
regards,
Vithur

Whatever God wants to give, no one can deny; Whatever God wants to deny, no
one can give. Be happy always