The word "ADA" has various meanings, and it depends upon every
individual to interpret it in his or her own way. For example, few
understand it as a mannerism, for others it signifies a particular
attribute and for others it simply means "a way of life."

This story depicts the various role-plays of an individual's life that
consists of basic human emotions like love, anger, deceit, ambition,
self- sacrifice and above all the understanding between good and evil.

LOVE is God's gift to mankind. Like every mother in this world, Aamina
is a loving, caring, compassionate mother committed with warmth filled
in her heart she cherishes every moment spent with her husband Anil
and relives it by sharing it with her only son Ayaan.

Professor Anil Anand is a well read and spiritual individual who was
writing a book that would guide the coming generations on a righteous
path. Unfortunately while writing this book he came across an incident
where he needed to testify against the biggest don of the city. This
lead him to realize that life is not as how he thought it would be.
That's when he realized that society would not change with his pen
only. Anil as an individual was fearless as he had conviction in his
ideas; a spiritually bent person who preached Sufism as well as
practiced it in his daily life. As Anil realized that his life is
coming to an end cause the underworld is out to kill him before he
testifies, he spends more of his time with his son, bestowing his
knowledge on him.

Anil tells Ayaan that if he needs to cleanse the world of all evils,
then he would need to remove the fear from himself and put that same
fear in the hearts of every evil person in this world and if needed
drop the pen and lift up a gun. Anil is a classic example of
self-sacrifice who lost his life because he stood for good and
believed that good always triumphs over evil. So from that point on
Ayaan's only aim is to make sure he does what his father taught him.
AMBITION is the zeal to accomplish one's goal. Fighting all odds on
the doctrines of his father Ayaan eventually starts leading a dual
life, as an ordinary individual on one hand and a sharp shooter who
turns the worst of circumstances to his favor by joining the
underworld. Ayaan has only one ambition in life, which is to fulfill
his father's last words to him. His fearlessness becomes his weapon
and his belief his shield, not even his unconditional love for his
beloved Gul comes in his way of his ambition. Ayaan lives for his
mother, his friends and his father's dream, which is to guide mankind
on a righteous path. A path full of goodness, truthfulness, kindness,
compassion, humility and steadfastness. ADA – Words from the Brochure
The Prayer In the name of Allah most Gracious, most Merciful, most
Beneficent and to whom does the dominion of the heavens and the earth
and all that is there in and it is he who power over all things.

Oh my Lord, on the day I meet You I will have nothing to bring but
begging on my lips and hope for mercy in my heart. If only the good
come begging to Your gate, to whom should sinners go seeking? The
Inspiration

Films that have moved generations over the ages both in terms of
content and style inspired me to create ADA, a love story as seen from
my window to the world, drawing from my original work over the years
and my exposure to literature, cinema and Sufism. It is my desire to
portray ADA as an intense love story with an unconventional and fresh
perspective set in today's modern India. The Concept ADA is a
variation of Romeo and Juliet set in MumbaiCity in the years of
2006-2007. It is an innovative, romantic, stylish and urban musical
with a touch of suspense, violence and thrills. It is about a twenty
three year old Ayaan and a beautiful, young girl, Gul. It is about
their needs; about the burning desire that Ayaan and Gul feel for the
touch of another human heart. The Theme These thoughts have such power
over you, From nothing you become sad, From nothing you become happy,
You are burning in the flame, but I will not let you out, Until you
are fully baked, fully wise and fully yourself – Maulana Rumi. The
Backdrop The agonised sighs of my heart unfolds to the living- the
drama, which love, hope beauty, sacrifice, suffering and betrayal
perform right in this city of Mumbai and brought to life in ADA.
Mumbai city never wearies or gets tired, is never exhausted, it never
sleeps and never dreams. If it dislikes you it destroys you with its
neglect, and if it likes you it destroys you with its love, affection
and demands. A perfect backdrop for ADA.

The Introduction In every young man's life there is a Gul who apperas
to him suddenly while in the spring of life and transforms his
solitude into happy moments and filles the silence of his nights with
music. He remembers his first love and tries to recapture that strange
hour, the memory of which changes his deepest feeling, and makes him
so happy inspite of all´¶00 OK Date: Sattery. The Flashback
Today, after many years have passed I have nothing left out of that
beautiful dream except the painful memories flapping like invisible
wings around me. Filling the depths of my heart with hope and sorrow
and brining tears to my eyes. The Approach ADA is a simple love story
told in an innovative and refreshing manner. ADA also demonstrates
what novelists have always known - that the manner in which a story is
told is more important that the story itself. ADA is a film that
blends vision, darkness, and spirituality to form a complete cinematic
experience. The Love ADA is about the simple, yet complex emotion
called LOVE. The power of love is God's greatest gift to men for it
will never be taken from the blessed one that loves. The love between
man and woman makes poetry, song and dance contemporaneous with each
other and with all of us. There is a sense in which each great love
affair is unique – a world in itself incomparable, unconditioned by
space and time. The Antagonist Akram Seth, the front man of a city don
is pure evil and a defiler of all human values. There lies the
impending battle between Ayaan and Akram Seth. As Ayaan will not allow
anyone to rule his life. The Protagonist ADA has been conceived into a
powerful and passionate film, about powerful and passionate people
like Ayaan and Gul. ADA is a film that needs to exist resolutely on a
high level of emotion, that possibly only an actor with great
understanding, conviction, emotion and power could play its lead.
Ayaan Ahmad in the role of the protagonist has acted with great
understanding, depth and passion and has implied the intensity, energy
and vulnerability, the character of Ayaan demands. The Music When God
created man, He gave music as language different from all other
languages and early man sang her glory in the wilderness, and drew the
hearts of kings and moved them form their thrones. ADA's every frame
has been conceived on music and sound, rhythm and beat, feeling and
expression, seen and unseen... The music of ADA is poured in emotional
torrents. The music sometimes counterpoint, sometimes lament and
sometimes a blast. The Fatalistic The whole approach of ADA is a
fatalistic one. Sometimes personified and sometimes abstractly
conceived – is the antagonist of freedom in the drama of human life
and history. In many of the Greek tragedies, fate sets the stage. Some
curse must be fulfilled. Oedipus, doomed to kill his father and marry
his mother, is not fated to inquire into his past, and to discover the
sins which, when he sees, he wills to see no more. And the most modern
tragic movie in the making is ADA. The Dedication My beloved,
beautiful Gul is gone and nothing is left for me to commemorate her
except this broken heart… "To the soul that embraced my soul, to the
heart that poured its secrets into my own heart, to the hands that
kindled the flame of my emotions, I dedicate my whole lie to Gul…" The
Legend Ayaan sacrifices his whole life for mankind by following the
teachings of his father and in the process he becomes a legend in his
lifetime. People like Ayaan have made their presence felt in every
part of the world. More their voices will become audible, the more
will humanity be in a position to understand correctly the importance
of Ayaan's life as a beacon light that has appeared at a critical
moment in the history of mankind, in order to illumine the upward path
of human civilisation. The Film Audiences should take ADA to be a
refreshing and stylish love story. Some may perceive ADA as a
musical-action-thriller, some may say it is a slice of life, while
some may feel that it is a pretentious film. My appeal as a film maker
would be to just accept it for what cinema stands for - pure
entertainment.