*http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3058370.cms*
**
*Aamir's novel scheme
*21 May, 2008 10:45 am ISTlPankaj Sabnani/INDIATIMES MOVIES

     Print<http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-3058370,prtpage-1.cms>

    Save <javascript:showdivlayer('3058370','t','close');>

    EMail <javascript:openWindowmail('/mail/3058370.cms');>

   <http://movies.indiatimes.com/mailro/3058370.cms>

    Add your
comments<http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3058370.cms#write>

    [image: /photo.cms?msid=3058410] It was a nostalgic moment for Aamir
Khan as he came to meet Shammi Kapoor to get his blessings for the music of
his upcoming film Jaane Tu Ya Janne Na . The film stars his nephew Imran
Khan and Genelia D'souza in the lead roles.

Said Aamir, "Whenever I have started something new, I have always taken the
blessings of Shammi Kapoor. Even when my first film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak was
about to release, I took my first step with the blessings of Shammi Kapoor.
I also started my first directorial venture Taare Zameen Par with his
blessings. Now it is Imran's first film. So we have come here. Shammi is my
lucky mascot."

Aamir feels that A.R. Rehman has given a very youthful music to the film.
"The music by A.R. Rehman is very fresh and youthful. Even the lyrics by
Abbas Tyrewala are very different."

About the film Aamir said, "Abbas had shown me the script and I loved it. It
was his decision to cast Imran. My biggest contribution to the film was in
bringing Mansoor Khan. Also, this is my first film as a producer in which I
am not acting. I am trying my best to promote the film and Imran as he is
very close to me."

Aamir is also launching his nephew, Imran Khan with the film. "I was very
impressed by Imran in the film. He has a lot to learn. He showed a lot of
improvement even while shooting the film. He has a lot of potential. We have
to wait and see how well he does for himself. He is good. But it is more
important what the audience feels about him. I am a very strict person. So
to rate him, out of ten I will give him six."

He further said, "As a producer, I look for exactly the same things which I
see as an actor in a film. I should fall in love with the story. I should
fully believe in the director and the script. Then I fully support the
director as a producer and give him the right platform to make a good film.
I am very particular on what my name goes on. So I make high quality and
entertaining films."

The film is scheduled to release on July 4th.

--
regards,
Vithur

Whatever God wants to give, no one can deny; Whatever God wants to deny, no
one can give. Be happy always