Ada Music - A Review
    A.R Rahman only puts his fans in a dilemma with this album. It is very hard
to pinpoint one song as a favourite. With Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na music also
released simultaneously, I am in a state of utter confusion. Anyways, I love
this album so much that I had to pen down what I thought of Ada's musical
journey by ARR.

Ishq Ada hai - Rashid Ali
Rashid has a voice that could have the narcotic feeling on you. Especially the
varying pitches at which he sings, leaves you in a phase where you don't want
the song to end. Personally, I love the part where he sings - "..ishq gila hai,
ishq sila hai, ishq ibaadat ka silsila hai" around 1.20. There's so much pain
and power at the same time. And the careless guitar strumming throughout the
song and in certain pauses is brilliant.

Hawa Sun Hawa - Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik
Alka Yagnik sounds a lot younger than her other recent songs. Whenever Sonu
says "hawa", there is a hollowness to his voice that makes you feel like a gush
of air just passed across you. Beautiful flute interludes. I've always felt
Sonu's pronunciations are brilliant. A completely refreshing song.

Gumsum - Sonu Nigam, Alka Yagnik
What variations! Sonu Nigam is on a roll. Just listen to the way he opens the
song. The notes are hit bang on target. It makes your neck go backward and
forward. Very catchy beats. And the bass guitar (??) or the drums(??) at the
end of song surprise you. Totally unexpected and it makes you want to pose like
the guitarist of a rock band and strum the air.

Gulfisha - Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan & Vivian Chaix
The song opens with Vivian's chanting of what sounds to me like Parseltongue.
And Sunidhi is one person who can beautifully carry off a base voice as well as
high notes. The way both Sonu & Sunidhi sing the word "Ada" is very
flirtatious. Finally, there is an alaap done by Sunidhi which gradates to
Vivian's chanting and closes on a very mysterious note.

Meherbaan - AR Rahman
Oh my god !! I'm stoned. This song gives you a sense of hope and the feeling of
being loved by all. He surprises you with his pitch at the end of the song
which is very unlike the soft start. I have a thing for ARR's way of singing
words with the "Z" sound in them. The man and his magical strings. Could it get
any better? From the be-swaadi ratiyan in Guru's Tere Bina to the be-zameen and
be-aasman in meherban, you couldn't ask for more, trust me.

Tu mera hai - Chitra, Sukhwinder Singh, Naresh Iyer
This sounds very familiar. I really can't place it now. Chitra sounds very
Bollywoodish, and her octaves for 'Ya Rab Shukriya' match Sukhwinder's right
amount of power for a song of love. I had gooseflesh when I heard it for the
first time. Naresh's interludes have a twinge of pain that makes you want to
sympathize with him.

Hai Dard - Udit Narayan
This one is going to take me a while to like. A song of lament and when by Udit
Narayan, you expect a twist in the movie when this comes about. It falls short
when compared with the other songs in the album.

Ishq Ada hai (female) - Parul Mishra
Intoxicating. Parul's voice is so wholesome and round. Its like a very sharp
knife slicing through butter. She's 20 years old but has an addictive sound
quality about her voice. This is a little different from the male version in
its organization and inducement of a classical touch. Her alaaps are brilliant.
What pitching ! I hope ARR uses Parul more in songs to come.

Milo Wahan Wahan - Alka Yagnik, Jayachandran
Jayachandran is the link. The opening of this song is the BGM from Kannathil
Muthamittal. These type of songs are Alka's forte in Bollywood. She comfortably
carries the song, while I feel Jayachandran pronunciations sound a little
enforced. But if you concentrate on his voice quality, that's not a problem at
all. Is there a male chorus singing along with Jayachandran at the end ? It
sounds as one voice actually.

Meherbaan (Instrumental)
I feel so happy just talking about this song. If ARR's voice is also to be
slotted as instrumental, then this is rightly classified. Listen to the portion
from 1.20 to 1.40 and the guitar transition from then onwards, his voice sounds
nothing less than an instrument.
All of us have to be Meherbaan to ARR for giving us such a beautiful album.
(Meherbaan means grateful)

  http://sagittarian-ramya.blogspot.com/2008/05/ada-music-review.html