I think you misinterpreted that question. I think they weren't
talking about any song which has inspired Tu Bole, they meant the
original RD Burman song on which the title of JTYJN is based.. "tera
mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi" and the fear of comparison between
that "jaane tu ya jaane na" and Rahman's version in the title song.

Though, I guess one could find similar sounding slow jazz songs, if
one really wanted to. :)

Rahul

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Chord" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rahman mentioned in the latest interview that the title track of
Jaane
> Tu is inspired from an original song form yester-year.  Anyone know
> that song?  It was probably a number back in the 40s or 50s in the
US,