*Mahendra Kapoor has just been conferred the Phalke Samman by the Dadasaheb
Phalke Academy. Though he has not recorded a Hindi film song since Dillagi
(1999) he is as vocally fit as ever, and has just sung for a Pakistani film
and a Sufi albumSo many awards and honours, including the Padma Shri, have
been conferred on you. How do you look at the latest Phalke honour?*
Every trophy and award is important, special and very happily accepted. The
Phalke recognition is even more precious because it is a recognition and
endorsement from one's own family - the industry members.

*How do you look at today's music?*
(Shaking his head) I don't find any standard in either the music or the
lyrics. Among the music composers, only A.R.Rahman is innovative. I think
that Rajesh Roshan was the last music director with substance.
*Would you like to sing for Rahman?*
(Smiles) Why not?

http://lollywoodhungama.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/pitching-it-right/

--