Rahman-Kamal ink a secret deal? The two heavyweights apparently want to make
the most expensive film
 By *Johnny Vaz* . Buzz18 Jun 01, 2008

Comments<http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rahmankamal-ink-a-secret-deal/60401/0#comment>
[0]
  E-mail <http://www.buzz18.com/sendtofriend.php?id=60401>
  [image: Rahman-Kamal ink a secret deal?]
Photo by: Yogen Shah
 *RELATED NEWS*

   - Rajni to get new look for Robot
   <http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rajni-to-get-new-look-for-robot/57451/0>
   - Azhagiya Tamilmagan
   <http://www.buzz18.com/audio/audio/azhagiya-tamilmagan/52611/0>
   - Rahman: My life has been a journey
   <http://www.buzz18.com/news/music/rahman-my-life-has-been-a-journey/52041/0>
   - 'I have started my own label'
   <http://www.buzz18.com/interviews/music/i-have-started-my-own-label/49121/0>
   - Rajnikanth in Tirupati
   <http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rajnikanth-in-tirupati/48751/0>

  Now, what is this my sources tell me? Either Rahman is too tired of making
just music or he wants to make more money. Methinks it's the latter! Why
else would he want to make a film? Yup, you heard it right, music director AR
Rahman <http://www.buzz18.com/celebrity-profile/ar-rahman/1331> has finally
turned producer. The name of his debut production is said to be *Marmayogi*.
Set in the seventh century, Rahman will co-produce the film with Kamal
Haasan <http://www.buzz18.com/celebrity-profile/kamal-haasan/481>.

I am given to believe that
*Kamal*<http://www.buzz18.com/features/movies/dont-miss-top-15-gangster-films/59121/0>had
initially been roped in to produce this film with Bharat Bala
Productions and Adlabs. However, things didn't fall into place with the two
companies and now Rahman has stepped in. Of course, everyone in showbiz
wants to make movies at some point. But I must confess, I couldn't help
being surprised when I was told that this could well be the most expensive
film in India!

Kamal Haasan <http://www.buzz18.com/celebrity-profile/kamal-haasan/481> will
direct and act in *Marmayogi* and Rahman will compose the music... now
that's what I'd call cost-cutting!

http://www.buzz18.com/news/movies/rahmankamal-ink-a-secret-deal/60401/0
--
regards,