From: Gomzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 4 June, 2008 11:28:53 AM
Subject: Re: Multiple emotions in single song of ARR??? (Re: [arr] Re: A ditty
to make aditi smile)

For your question if ARR has switched "emotions", you can find out that
In Lamahon ke daman mein from JA is a very good example.

On 6/4/08, V S Rawat <[EMAIL PROTECTED] com> wrote:
On 6/3/2008 10:53 PM India Time, _Vinayakam Murugan_ wrote:

> Vishal Bharadwaj is one of the most original composers in the industry,

right.

> right up there with ARR & SEL, who compose for the situation rather
> than impose "item" music.

could you please elaborate what is "imposing an item music"?

> Mayya Mayya and Bidi were composed for two
> totally different situations . Bidi suited the situation in the film to
> the T. One would expect a nautanki number to be loud .

I don't subscribe to this "situation" bit. ARR has also composed songs
which were loud and were good. (examaple? many, his earlier youth songs,
like muqabla)

VB has also composed songs which were subdued and contemplative (Machis
- Pani Pani re)

so both MDs are capable of giving both and all types of songs.. As such,
Omkara didn't really have a nautanki situation. It was VB who wisely
composed a song having nautanki mahaul so the visuals were made in a
nautanki situation.

NOw, as for as mayya is concerned, it was exactly the similar situaion
-- a professional girl dancing to public, in which various MDs have
given Jumma Chumma de de which was loud, and Tezab's
ek-do-teen-chaar- paanch-chh which was deafeningly loud. and we all know
how popular these went to become.

But is was probably the first time when such a subdued, almost at a
whispering level, song was composed for such a public dance situation.
ARR went against the established "norms" and still came out with a gem,
a winner, a piece of art.

I was just highlighting that in the same year, two songs composed by ARR
and VB show that ARR's creation is miles ahead of VB's creation.

I didn't say Bidi was bad song. I did mention that Bidi was a good song
and I like that one also a lot. I like VB also, though far-second to ARR.

OK, to give credit to VB, let me say that even ARR has never given a
song in the genre of VB's Machis - Chhod aaye ham teri galiyaan. That
song was complex in the sense that this single song had three songs
basically -- a chorus mukdha, then solo stanzas, and then there is a
sudden switch to a sad version at Dil Dard Ka Tukda Hai. And the
freshness, the spontaneity conveyed by the song, it was just superb and
ARR has not given any song like this.
--

Back to ARR, which are ARR's song in which there is change of emotions
"in between"? Not two different songs or different versions of same song

To clarify, there was the song from movie "Black Mail" MD: KalyanJi
AnandJi, "naina mere rang bhare" which starts with a happy note and in
the middle switches to sad mode at kajra mera kajra.

another one is Sharabi (one of the rare best of Bappi Lahiri) song
Intehaa ho gayi intzaar ki which starts with a sad, lost-hope note but
when Jayaprada comes it becomes all fun-and-dance at Lo main aa gai.

So, has ARR given any such song(s) or has he always remained on "single
emotional track"?

--
Rawat

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>
Only at arrahmanfans. com - The definitive A.R.Rahman e-community.

Homepage: http://www.arrahman fans.com
Admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED] com
To Subscribe: arrahmanfans- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com