Roja - ok accepted, as it deals with terrorism.
Laggan - ok accepted, as it deals with post-freedom, India-Uk scenario.
Kannathil Muthamittal - ok accepted, as it deals with India-SriLanka, Step
mom - daughter relationship..

RDB and Swades should have been strong contenders according to national
award "standards"

so, now going by national award so called "standards", i m now wondering how
did they award ARR for Minsaara Kanavu!

probably jury would have been deeply impressed by ARRs music that they
couldnt restrict themselves to award ARR with the great honor...