From: Madhavan Rajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Repeat
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 12 June, 2008, 9:41 AM

            Like listening to Bombay or Yuva tracks in the middle of few ADA
and JTYJN tracks, it is always refreshing when you go back and look at his old
interviews.. .An excerpt that I liked to share below...
Although Rahman's music has made him rich and famous, he remains something of a
Sufi ascetic. He wears handloom shirts and jeans (though he admits to owning
"suits and things" for special occasions), and drives a modest Toyota Qualis
because "I don't need anything else." Gesturing at his studio, stuffed with the
latest mixers and synthesizers, he says: "This is my BMW." He shares his house
in Madras with his wife, his three children and his mother, who still handles
his finances; Rahman asks her for money whenever he is short. "I like to be
a musafir[vagrant] without any baggage," he says. Unlike other artists
steering themselves on a predetermined career path, Rahman is a strong believer
in taking a backseat. "Life is a journey, but I don't hold the steering wheel,"
he says. "Somebody else is controlling it. I just handle each day as it comes."
Each day, maybe. But come the night, as the world is beginning to hear for
itself, it's very much
 A.R. Rahman at the controls.
http://www.time. com/time/ magazine/ article/0, 9171,501040503- 629433,00. html

--
Cheers,
Madhavan.

      Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/
  • [arr] Repeat Madhavan Rajan
    • Re: [arr] Repeat !--Sri Balaji--!