thanks for the share anna.... proud to c rahman sirs name

--- On Wed, 6/18/08, Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Vithur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Indians who left their mark on the world
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 4:45 AM

Indians who left their mark on the world

1. Freddie Mercury

Though Freddie wasn't born in India and in fact was a British citizen at the
time of his death, I as a proud Indian would always regard him as Indian.
Through fronting Queen, Freddie became one of the greatest and most influential
singers in rock history having inspired artist from varying genres of music not
just limited to rock. His absence is mourned by people around the world even
today.

2. Zakir Hussain

Zakir Hussain started learning the tabla under his father's guidance since the
tender age of three. This early start enabled him to give his first
international performance while still in his teens. Over the years his spell
bounding skills and charisma have led to the formation of legions of his
worshippers. He's probably the greatest percussionists to walk the face of the
earth.

3. Ravi Shankar

Once you get past the millions of stories about Ravi Shankar and The Beatles,
you will realise that Shankar's contribution to Indian music are immeasurable.
He has worked with the some of the best musicians both in India and around the
world. Recognition of his efforts has come in the way of the prestigious Bharat
Ratna and various International awards he received throughout his lifetime.

4. A. R. Rahman

Considered one of the best composers to come out of India, Rahman's music has
been heard in almost in every country in the world. Though his work is largely
in the field of Indian cinema where there is a lot of garbage being coined as
Music, Rahman has maintained a level of sincerity to his music which can be
well appreciated.

5. Jagjit Singh

--
regards,