Hey come on guys... Tehzeeb indeed had soulstirring songs. 'Sabaq
Aisa' and 'Mujpe toofan uthaye' are still my favourite and part of
my playlist. It's just amazing how ARR has fused simple ghazal in
techno beats backed by nice Saxophone bits. The only problem with
Tehzeeb (in those days) was it had weak storyline and Rahman
introduced sudden techno gener (same like Yuva in those days)

Regarding to the subject, I think "Swades" is most under rated /
unnoticed album of ARR. Though 'Bose' and 'Meenaxi' are others, they
weren't mainstream movies like Swades. The biggest disappointment
for me is, ARR not getting any awards for Swades, even it was best
deserved for National awards. 'Yeh jo des hai' alone had capability
of fetching a national award. But anyway, people still enjoy and
praise Swades album. ARR once said, that he is getting lot of
appreciation from NRI's around the world for great music of
Swades....

~Avinash

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Leslie D" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I second your thought on Tehzeeb. May be something wrong with me.
Never
> appreciated the music of that movie.
>

> Strange thing music .. Very difficult to identify what maximum
people would
> like and there lies ARRs real success. He creates and identifies
great
> music.
>

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:16 AM, harshal chavan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >   Kabhi na kabhi was good album ... I enjoyed all songs.
> >
> > "Tehjeeb" sorry to say  but It dosnt appeal me till date. except
song
> > mehrbaan by asha. I think I have to listen it again after many
years. Let
> > see !

Roja all the
> > way till Rythm without even listening to a sing. Dont ask me why
I started
> > to buy only after listening. )
> >
> > That was a good album by anyone elses standard but not ARR. It
was a huge
> > letdown. IMHO. Bose, Meenaxi, Water are what I would call
underrated gems
> > not this.
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Neetika raina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>   yes!!
> >> it has given 2 evergreen favourite tracks of mine
> >>
> >> Tu Hi Tu
> >> Tum Ho Meri Nigahon Mein
> >>
> >> both are just out of the world..
> >> I wonder if anyone still remember these songs!!!!!
> >> I enjoy Asha's voice in "Mere Dil Ka" too...
> >>
> >> I request all to listen to "Tum ho meri nigahon mein" once
again...
> >> amazing raaga composition, superb ambience , great singing too
> >>
> >> ~love music love life
> >> Neetika

40yahoogroups.com>
> >> Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:33:14 PM GMT +05:30 Chennai,