From: Jagdeesh Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [arr] Re:Remix culture - delighting or sickening??
To: arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008, 10:20 AM

Hey,

I am a bit lost here. This is probably the 3rd of 4th article I am
seeing that tries to associate ARR with remixes. I thought Krishna
Chetan was behind the remix in ATM and JTYJN. And the other song Thottal
Poo from New is a re-tune and not a remix. So ARR has not done any
remixes and rightly so and should not be thought of as King of Remix
because this is unfairly branding him for something he has not done and
has always stood strongly against.

Jagdeesh

   Remix culture - delighting or sickening??
Posted by: "Vithur" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   vrvithur
Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:25 am (PDT)
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/remix-culture-delighting-or-sickening/

This has been the latest topic in Kollywood and of course controversies to
have shot with regarding this issue. Remixing songs: do they really happen
to great treat for the present generation or an annoying part for the music
lovers who were bound together with yesteryear melodies and got sickened
after hearing the remix of same songs.

Let's take a glimpse through the origin of remix era in Tamil film
industry…

It all started with Yuvan Shankar Raja when he added additional beats to his
father's yesteryear Pop song 'Aasai Nooru Vagai'. This song was
done for
Vishnuvardhan's debut directorial 'Kurumbu'. Then, came the remix
star
D.Imman who dominated with all his extravaganzas of gimmicks in adding
English raps to the songs. However, the entire globe would agree with the
fact that AR Rahman, the music-techno-superstar is the king of remix. Not
just the songs, he has his creativity laid on each and every tunes he
renders music for.

His first one ' Thottal Poo Malarum' was out of blue since it
didn't carry
the same old tune. But an enchanting tune and mild beats picked the
attention. Sooner bloomed the market for remixes where each and every music
director in tinsel town started to show their works of remix.

There was also some of the funny part where music directors like Mani Sharma
had no efforts put on remixing the songs. Well, it was more evident with
'Aae Aattha Aathoramma Vaariya' for Malaikottai. No changes were made
for
the song other than adding sound beats.

Yuvan Shankar Raja and Vishnu Vardhan together shored on a blockbuster
remake 'Billa' where couple of songs were remixed. "My Name is
Billa" and
"Vaitthalaya Pottendi" were exactly the same in new version. However,
feedbacks were that the songs of original version weren't overbeaten by
Yuvan.

A.R.Rahman, the remix King came up with an astounding score for Vijay's
Azhagiya Tamizh Magan on 'Ponmagal Vandhal'. The song was really an
excellent piece of work where the voices were superb and of course the
music, mild beats and rap relating to the main songs added more colors to
the tune.

So over here, we have something for our viewers to decide who is the best
music director churning out stupendous remixes? Type in your favorite music
directors, the remix songs they have tuned and the reason why you like in
the below presented comments section…

Are you searching for a reason, to be kind?
<b>

To Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Groups Links