No This algorithm isnt called cetera technology. This is the sorround
sound technology but done with much sophisticated algorithm and
mixing.
I am not perfectly sure if ARR / H Sridhar have used this. But few of
the works are close call. Above all he was the first music Director
whom I have experienced to havenperfectly utilized the stero effects
with sounds playedon independant channels right from his first movie
1. Pudhu vellai malzhe
2. na ho kal jab (Love Birds) This is the best I have experienced so
far from ARR; This songs almost matches the format.
2. Pappu cant dance saala (the punch beats) makes you feel the sound
has travelled once in right and then next

Other than ARR's the best I liked so far is
1. Ek nazar me bhi (Taxi 9211)
2. Jogi aaya (Black & White)
But Songs generally would not use or I feel there is no need to use
or work so hard to get that. The Snd Engrs does more craft jobs with
faders and tweaking the balancers to deliver the effect
All these songs above either uitlizes the algorithm or make use of
the stero effects to the core and H Sridhar needs a special mention
here
This algorithm is more efffective in background sounds and to
experience I would recommend
1. Behind Enemy Lines (Non ARR)
2. Yuva (this movie uses Synch sound) especially the climax fight
scene you experience the effect
3. Roja (the army march in the background and the explosive sounds);
note sure if .... is used
4. Dil Se ( pay attention to the scene when SRK goes in to the forest
to interview the terrorist chief)
5. The climax of rang De basanti
6. The war affected scene where ppl migrate and there are rockets
fired, the last scene where rain in the backdrops is recorded
perfectly in Kannattil Muttamittal. I felt that rather than just
dialogs & acting in the climax the visuals and the mood-to-scene kind
of background music along with the perfect sound engineering was the
ultimate climax I have experienced.

Creating this effect is the hardwork and will take lengthy hours.
With the pressure been mounted on each movie on ARR to finish a movie
I feel though he wishes to he cannot fulfil and you could see from
the above list the best effective Sound had always been for mani
rathnam, just because he is the director who gets the best out of an
artist and he knows whats required. No wonder he always goes to ARR
for every venture despite time constraints. And ARR collabrates to
deliver the finest.

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Gomzy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Avinash . Are you sure its called "Cetera" ? and if there is a
technology
> like that? I
>  know he tells that in the barber shop clip
> but thats just a word used there. I highly doubt it. Correct me if
i am
> wrong.
>

> On 6/24/08, : Avinash : <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Hi, I already have this amazing sound piece "Virtual Barber
shop" .
> > I have it in my mobile and distibuted to my several friends.. It's
> > called "Cetera" technology which uses a breakthrough algorithm to
> > exactly record the sound as human ears. It's mainly developed for
> > new generation hearing aids.
> >
> > BTW, Rahman himself is already master in this kind of technology.
He
> > records & recreates instruments, drums and vocals in actual
> > environment. You can see this amazing technics/effects in
> > Chandralekha intro (whole thiruda thiruda album) , Potter's
village
> > etc. in which you can feel the actual surroundings. I can't
exactly
> > recall the songs for examples, but in almost all songs Rahman uses
> > best possible technics to retain the authenticity of an
instrument /
> > vocals...
> >
> > Avinash
> >
> > --- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com <arrahmanfans%