My Wife is teaching me ...

For me and my children, it is my wife who appears to be a teacher and
teaches us everything.. says A.R. Rahman.

The excerpt of an Interview as posted in Daily Thanthi is as follows :-

Q. Did you do any Research work for the film " Jodhaaa akbar "?

ARR :-  Yes. I did do some research. I did do some work, so as to avoid a
influence of any old cinema tradition in it. I wanted a new journey and a
new path in that cinema. Also wanted it to have a standard music .

Q :- How are you able to give melodies continuously ?

ARR :-  The Faith that people have in me, and the fear that I should not put
wrong tunes are the reason behind it. When I fear thus, I am able to see a
new tune in front of me. and that turns into a melody.

Q :- Could you explain to us about the songs that you have listened, and
which you have liked ?

ARR :- The songs under the combination of M.S. Vishwanathan Ramamoorthy,
K.V. Mahadevan and lyrics penned by Kannadasan, sung by P. Susheela can
never be forgotten. During the 1960s, there was melodious music. Just like a
gentle breeze, the music and the lyrics used to bind in those times.

Q :- Whose music, would you love in Carnatic Music ?

ARR :- In South, it is Mandolin Srrinivas, and in North, it would be Kishore
Hemanth Kumar

Q :- Do you think you have reached the pinnacle of success in Music ?

ARR :- The highest point and motive are all framed by humans. We should
never have such demarcation or boundaries,a nd thats my faith.

Q :- What would you say, as your achievement and what would you like to
achieve ?

ARR :- I havent achieved anything. In Music, and in Social Service, have to
achieve a lot. for the sake of future generations, K.M. School has been
started. I would like to achieve a lot through this.

Q :- What would you like to teach your children ?

ARR :- For my children, their mother is the best teacher

Q :- What would you teach your wife ?

ARR :- I am learning from my wife.

( DAILY THANTHI :- PAGE NO 13  25-06-2008)

--
regards,
Vithur

HELP EVER; HURT NEVER;