Dude ! India glitz video is without that 25mts. video footage showering heaps
of praises on AR by the said celebrities referred in this article.

Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Wednesday, Jun 25, 2008

Tamil Nadu - Chennai

Child-like smile lights up A.R. Rahman’s face as celebrities shower accolades

Staff Reporter

Rotary Club honours the musician with ‘Lifetime achievement award’

— PHOTO: R. SHIVAJI RAO

IN APPRECIATION: President of the Rotary Club of Madras Indra Subramanyam
presents the ‘Lifetime achievement’ award to music composer A.R. Rahman in
Chennai on Tuesday.

CHENNAI: Musician A.R. Rahman’s poise is unbelievable. As stalwarts such as
directors K. Balachander and Mani Rathnam, lyricists Vaali and Vairamuthu,
playback singers S.P. Balasubramaniam, Hariharan and Chithra, and actors Kamal
Haasan and Prabhu showered accolades, he sat on stage wearing his trade mark,
child-like smile.

The renowned artistes were featured in a video production of the Rotary Club of
Madras, screened here on Tuesday, when the Club honoured him with the ‘Lifetime
achievement award’.

While commending Mr. Rahman’s musical genius, almost all of them spoke of his
humility. “He is undoubtedly a great revolutionary in Indian film music. But
what strikes me is his humility,” said Mr. Balachander, who has worked with him
in films such as ‘Duet’ and ‘Parthalae Paravasam’. “Rahman’s success follows
years of intense hard work with focus,” said Mr. Vaali. Mr. Mani Rathnam deemed
him one of the most director-friendly music composers, and Mr. Haasan said he
was looking forward to working with the music wizard in his next project
‘Marmayogi’, in the nearly 25-minute video production.

“I am really moved. This is a great honour. There is a lot more to do … I feel
like a slate waiting to be written on,” Mr. Rahman said.

An impromptu question and answer session which followed evoked some candid and
funny responses from the musician. Queried on the research he did for films
such as ‘Jodha Akbar’, he said: “Oh yes, we did a lot of research and did not
use any.”

On the music that he liked listening to, he said ‘Carpenters’, the music of
composers K.V. Mahadevan, Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy and particularly those of P.
Susheela, were his all-time favourites.

President of the Rotary Club of Madras Indra Subramanyam, director of
vocational service Hemant Chordia and honorary secretary Shibu Isaac were among
those present.

http://www.hindu.com/2008/06/25/stories/2008062558530200.htm

Hi satheesh
enjoy the video in