Thanks Pradeepan for this post. I have heard this song probably more
than thousand times (thanks to a member of this group who sent me the
cd long back) and I dont know Tamil except for some very common
words. Your preface on the song really helps to u'stand it better way
than before. No doubt, this is just another masterpiece from ARR :)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Pradeepan"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wonder how many of us have listened/appreciated Anbe Sugame from
the
> movie "Parthale Paravasam" 2002 - esp. who do not know Tamil.
>
> Guys, this is one of my all time ARR favs.
> It is based on the Sahana Raaga & Rahman did a great job on this
song.
> The interludes with the piano & the finish violin piece are
> mindblowing !!!
>
> Non-Tamilians, Plz have a listen here...
> http://www.esnips.com/doc/786e035f-12f5-4ed6-92f9-
f0ea0747c028/anbae-sugama

> The song is based on the following situation:
> The Guy & Girl are separated, away from each other.
> Through the song, they inquire about each other's well being &
lament
> how much they miss each other.
> They also express regret for what happened & express hope for their
> coming together again.
>
> The lyrics are wonderful too.. If my memory is right, its by
Vairamuthu.