From QSQT to JTYJN...
11 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
Print<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-3218676,prtpage-1.cms>
 EMail <javascript:openWindowmail('/mail/3218676.cms');>  Discuss New
 Bookmark/Share <javascript:void(0)>
Save<javascript:showdivlayer('3218676','t','close');>
 Write to
Editor<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/From_QSQT_to_JTYJN/articleshow/3218676.cms#write>
     <javascript:openslideshow('/slideshow/3218692.cms')>
<javascript:openslideshow('/slideshow/3218692.cms')>
Bhushan Kumar & Aamir Khan (TOI Photo) More
Pics<http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3211429.cms>
 Aamir Khan and Bhushan Kumar have reason to catch up over a cup of coffee.
Aamir's film Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, introducing his nephew Imran Khan, has
gone down big with audiences.

And even before it did, the film's music — composed by AR Rahman on
Bhushan's T-Series label, was a bigger hit. The foot-tapping tracks Pappu
Can't Dance and Kabhi Kabhi Aditi are on every radio station. Who wouldn't
smile!

But Aamir and Bhushan have an association that goes back 20 years. Aamir's
debut film in 1988, the entertaining Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, that catapulted
him to stardom, had its soundtrack recorded on Bhushan's music label. With
much pride, Bhushan says, "My father, Gulshan Kumar, struck a chord with
Aamir and recorded QSQT's music on our label.

This association has grown by leaps and bounds. I came into the scene only
ten years ago. And Aamir welcomed me whole-heartedly."

Since QSQT, Aamir has stuck with the music label. His Aamir Khan
Productions' directorial debut Taare Zameen Par , and before that Lagaan ,
were done with the same company. The music of all these films topped the
charts nationwide... And the
relationship continues with Ghajini, the soundtrack of which is again with
T-Series.

According to Bhushan, "Aamir often says, 'Ek saath, hamari kismat achchi hai
. You work on my films with a great sense of ownership and the results are
everybody's guess.' Cheers to that!"

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/From_QSQT_to_JTYJN/articleshow/3218676.cms
--
regards,