It was originally released by Pan Music (a CBS Records licensee before
CBS was acquired by Sony and Pan became a Sony licensee). Later, BMG
Crescendo (a BMG licensee in India briefly, founded by Suresh Thomas,
an ex-Magnasound employee who took the BMG license which was till then
with Magnasound with him) acquired Pan Music's portfolio and released
it again on their label. When BMG was acquired by Sony and Sony
entered India on its own, Crescendo went independent and survived. It
no longer actively releases new titles but still re-releases some of
its older titles. There is one ARR title on Crescendo, the Malayalam
film 'Yodha' which was originally released by Yesudas' Tharangini
Records whose portfolio is now licensed to Crescendo. And yeah, if
anyone sees a CD of Yodha, I am interested.

On Colours, ARR is only credited as "Keyboards - Dilip".

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, r arvind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not sure how many of you of heard of this album,Golden Krithis
Colours - An Album With ARR as a Keyboard Player,of the First work of
ARR in the music industry.

> Track List:
>
> 01 Quest for music (Raag Maaya Malava Gowla)
>
> 02 Valli Naayagane (Raag Shanmugha Priya)
>
> 03 Evolution ( RaagMaaya Malava Gowla)
>
> 04 Samajavaragamana (Raag Hindolam)
>
> 05 Abharaama Bhakti (Raag Bandhuvarali)
>

> About The Album
>

>                 The
> album is a fussion of mainly two instruments, tabla and violin. Ustad
> Zakir Hussain is on the tabla and the violin is played by Kunnakudi
> Vaidyanathan. The album is a perfect blend of Western, Hindustani and
> Carnatic classical music..
>
> A. R. Rahman has assisted Ustad
> Zakir Hussain and Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan on their World tours as
> Keyboard player. At that time his name was Dileep. Later this concert
> was converted to album named "Colours-Golden Krithis". C. Jeyasekar was
> the music director.
>
> Credits
>

>     Violin : Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan
> Tabla : Zakir Hussain
> Music Orchestration, Arrangements, Conducting : C Jeyasekar
> Keyboards : A. S. Dileep Kumar (A.R. Rahman)
> Drums, Percussion : Sivamani
> Mridangam : Srinivasan
> String section : Kalyan
>
> one of THE must own CDs if Your a Die Rahman Fan !,audio was
Released by BMG Crescendo in 1992.