Even though she had sung quite a few popular Telugu and Tamil songs, city
girl Bhargavi Pillai became a household name only very recently when her
song Pappu Can't
Dance<http://myselebriti.com/2008/07/29/stand-out-with-campus-couture/#>…
from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.. caught the imagination of youngsters across the
country.

"When I was recording, I knew the song would be a funky one since I had
never come across such lyrics," says Bhargavi. "But nothing prepared me for
the response I got. My friends have been telling me that most pubs in the
country are playing the song and how everyone is loving it. I am really
happy."
Working with A.R. Rahman was an amazing experience, confesses this talented
Hyderabadi singer who is now settled in Chennai. "It's a great feeling to
work with Rahman sir. He liked my voice but initially during the recording I
was a bit uncomfortable and was not opening up. Rahman sir told me he wanted
an element of 'grudge' in my voice. We kept on listening and re-listening to
the tune, and finally I got in to the mood. It was a very refreshing
experience," says the singer.

http://myselebriti.com/2008/07/29/stand-out-with-campus-couture/