Hello All,

This is a brief report of "The Wandering Souls" concert "Rahmania"
performed in PUNE on July 26, Saturday evening. The lead organisers
were "NU Event Mangagement company" who launched their operations in
Pune with our concert.

If you have not checked the photos, kindly have a look at a bunch of
25 photos in our Yahoo group's Photo section !

In this concert, Kedar Bapat replaced Hrishikesh Ranade, except that
all the successful performers of TWS showcased their talent. The
famous Hindi actor Mr Raza Murad anchored the show admirably and
enthralled the audiance with his rich baritone voice and apt
sher-o-shairi.

The group performed under the able guidance of Anmol Bhave ( National
award winner for Best Sound Engineering ) all their hit songs and in
this performance, they added "Kabhi Kabhi Aditi from JTYJN" which was
performed very well by Ashutosh "JOSH" Joshi. A new voice "Shashwat"
from Symbiosis college ( he hails from Jaipur) performed "Tu Hi Re"
and 2 other songs and was well received by the audience. Pallavi
Paranjape again brought the house down with "Maiyaa Maiyaa" and
"Chandralekha- (tamil)".

The other successful members of the group consisted of Jasraj Joshi,
Swarali Joshi, Swarada Kulkarni, Rachana Phadke, Pinak Agte, Vivek
Kodilkar, Pravin Patil, Ajit Velankar, Satyajeet Kelkar, Mr Gaikwad (
on Live Shehnai ), Mandar and Tejas Lagvankar. Incidently Tejas has
left today to USA to persue MS in Computer Science. The group's loss
could be a big gain for some group in US for next 2 years :-)

Support backup was provided by Geetanjali Bhave / Prachi Lagvankar /
Nikita and many others. Digital Array sound system was provided by
Marzban Irani and it was managed by Nikhil Mulay. CHoreography was
managed by a 6 member SHINDE group who came down all the way from NASHIK !

THis was the group's 12'th performance and for next 7-8 months the
group is planning to take a break to work on new songs / new
performance format and most important, to look after individual
careers, because trying to reach close to the "original Rahman Sound"
was a mighty challanging task and very demanding job at times.

We are also looking at a possibility if other RAHMANIA-like performing
groups can come together in nearest future for a BIG event somewhere
in India to celebrate RAHMAN's MUSIC ! Let's see......

On behalf of The Wandering Souls, here is a big THANK YOU to all our
patrons, well-wishers, audience and all the RAHMANIACS in this group
for  giving us constant encouragement. Thank you GOPAL and Vijay, our
constant supporters, we dedicate this 12'th episode to you !

To our GURU AR Rahman... you are and will always remain our source of
inspiration..... We retained the soul of music and gave the best to
our audiance...!!!!

We will be back soon......

Best regards
Dinesh Vaidya