Before we start reading too much into this and trying to look
at "something's wrong" kinda approach, lets just say he has not used
SM because he has not found any suitable song for him after SOK. Try
looking into the movies composed thereafter, all of them seem
perfect and it did not occur anywhere that "SM" should have
obviously sung it.
On the other hand, SM and ARR have a very nice relationship and I
doubt that SM's status as an MD will ever break the relationship. So
much that SM and ARR congratulated each other after the last TOI
concert in Chennai.
All that SM had to say after Khwaja mere Khwaja was "This is a truly
God level song"..
so, lets jus wait for the combo again-cant wait! :)

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Manaf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was also asking this question to me. Hope vij or gop can clarify
this

> Vithur wrote:
> >             Dear All,
> >
> >  Just got a serious thought, on why Shankar Mahadevanji is not
singing for our Boss  anymore. I think this combo stopped after
Jillenu oru Kaadhal . May be because Shankarji is part of SEL, and
they are stand alone Music Dircectors.  If that be the case, we see
him singing for junior MDs like GV Prakash, and even for Day to day
tamil serial songs.

> >  I remember Boss saying to Singer Srinivas, " When you have
wings to fly, why should I make you walk", when Srinivas, was doing
albums on his own...( I have heard this somewhere , may be Rahmania
Show)

> >  Anyone has any thoughts on this..... Thanks... WOuld love to
have Shankarji sing for our Boss, as I still remember him saying in
Los Angeles Concert, " This man ( ARR ) music comes directly from
heaven ".