thats because harris jeyaraj is still following the rahman of the
90s... simple... since "common people" are used to the 90s rahman they
can easily accept HJ. but remember the 90s rahman at that time couldnt
be followed by common people initially. it took time for him to
establish his style (which was hard ebcause peoplw ere drenched in IRs
style head to toe). same thing now... people are drenched in 90s
rahman style and since hj is following that style people can accept it
easily. the hard work had been done by the 90s rahman already. but
guess what? just like how the 90s rahman had a hard time breaking IRs
style, the New Rahman is having a hard time getting rid of the 90s
Rahman style from people. we can already feel the New Rahman in action
in SOK, Sivaji, ATM, and especially SAKARAKATTI. HJ sounds better than
ARR? u r the next vivek or vadivel!

**please copy and paste that there, i couldnt see a comment box.

A.R.Rehman<http://stock18.blogspot.com/2008/08/music-harris-jeyajaj-sounds-better-than.html>
> After the tamil hit of Minnale ,Harris Jeyajaj has established his
own kind
> of music in the southern states of India. It looks simple,yet
powerful soul
> music. Every film he worked ,he has given lot of melodies. One might
say, he
> lacks variations, but he has understood the need of the film
industry very
> well and giving music accordingly. He has followed the quality of
A.R.Rehman
> but melody is different from the other. The lyrics is followable
,one can
> murmur it easily.Each of his venture is a musical success,but some
numbers
> have repetitive patterns. He is yet to prove a success in Bollywood.
>
> Talking of Rehman ,he has deviated a lot from his early day musics.
He is
> trying to follow the world music. His mix is good but many times it
becomes
> very difficult to follow from common man's perspective.

http://stock18.blogspot.com/2008/08/music-harris-jeyajaj-sounds-better-than.html

> P.S. THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT WRITTEN BY ME. EVEN IN MY DREAMS, WOULD I
TELL