I feel its the music director's choice.. Few years back me and my friends
who are ardant fans of Rahman as well used to discuss this in school.. Those
were the times when CDs werent affordable and only cassettes.. If you notice
the last track of Side B in most of the Rahman albums will be the best of
the album.. For example, Anbe Anbe in Jeans, Kaadhalenum therveludhi from
Kaadhalar Dhinam etc.. So we used to discuss saying Rahman is so clever by
keeping the best track in the last so that it will force people to hear all
the tracks of the album just to hear this last track instead of fast
forwarding it.. The course of it will make one understand the beauty
of other tracks in the album, which grows on you on repeated hearings..