Hai all,

Born and brought up in Delhi, Ali started singing since he could
remember. He started out with his dad — a popular qawwali singer,
Ustad Hamid Hussain. Music composer Kalyanji once heard him at a stage
show, and impressed with his voice asked him to try his luck at playback
singing. From jingles and title track for TV soaps, he gradually moved
to films.

But that big song never came his way or even if it did, his voice was
later replaced with someone else's voice, which is quite the norm with
many new singers.

"It's frustrating but after sometime you get used to it.
Sometimes your voice doesn't suit the actor and there are many other
reasons. There is no way out," Ali says.

So, he waited for lady luck to smile at him and continued singing for
films like Kyun Ho Gaya Na, Haasil, Paagalapan, Chameli, Bunty aur Babli
and more recently in Golmaal and Malamaal Weekly.

It was in 2007 that he struck big time with Jab We Met's Nagada
Nagada and then followed it up with Ek Din from Naqaab. And when AR
Rehman asked him to sing for Jodha Akbar he could not believe his luck,
because to sing for Rehman was his ultimate dream. And now in spite of
singing for chartbusters, there is someone who is still very difficult
to please.

"Daddy keeps on correcting my singing. How to do, what to do, but
mom is always happy with whatever I sing," Ali adds.

Like many others, Rehman is surely impressed with him, as the maestro
has repeated Ali in Sivaji's Hindi remake and Subhash Ghai's musical
Yuvraaj.

Regards

ANEESH